2024 Call for Nominations: AIA Seattle Board + College of Fellows
AIA Seattle strives for diversity in leadership. Your nominations are critical to our chapter's ability to recognize and encourage design leadership across the breadth of our profession.
Would you or someone you know make a great AIA Seattle Board Member? To learn more about board service, see the Board Role Description. To apply, please fill out this form by February 7! Nominations received by this date will be prioritized for review by the Membership Advancement Steering Committee, which vets potential board members for service through the 2024 nomination cycle. The three-year term of service begins September 1, 2024.
- Emerging Professional/Student Board Position: AIA Seattle’s nominating committee is also inviting applications for an emerging professional or student as a non-voting participant in the board space for one year of service. This is a paid position to bring diverse perspectives into the Board leadership space.
- For more information, see the Emerging Professional Role description. Please upload a statement of interest and resume here.
All nominees will be asked to disclose any violations of the AIA Code of Ethics in the last seven years. Please review the AIA Code of Ethics here.
Fellowship is one of the highest national honors the AIA can bestow upon a member. Register for our online program The Path to Fellowship to learn more about the College of Fellows eligibility and submittal process. To nominate yourself, or a peer for Fellowship, please fill out this form by March 15!
- Why should you put yourself, or a colleague, forward for the nomination process? Candidates for the College of Fellows must be nominated by either their assigned component or by a petition signed by any five Fellows in good standing or any 10 architect members in good standing. By completing our nomination process, you are putting yourself forward for component nomination. This means that you won’t need to complete the petition process, and that you’ll have the support of our amazing Fellows + Honors Committee, who will coach you through the submission process.
- What key dates should you mark on your calendar?
- March 15— Deadline to complete nomination form to be considered for component nomination
- June— Coaching sessions begin for selected nominees
- Summer & Fall— Working sessions to finalize your submission
- Early October— Submission deadline for the 2025 College of Fellows cycle
- How can you get a better sense of the scope of work required for this process? Review the example submissions that National has provided on their website. You can also request specific examples that aren’t currently provided by reaching out directly to the archivist!
- What happens after you submit in October? The jury will review submissions and will announce the 2025 College of Fellows in early 2025. If you are not selected during this round, you will have two additional years to apply for consideration.
Questions? Please reach out to Anthony Collins, Senior Coordinator of Member Engagement for support.