2024 Path to Fellowship
Join a panel of local FAIAs to learn more about the College of Fellows eligibility and submittal process, our chapter’s coaching and endorsement of candidates, and tricks and tools you can employ now to tell your own professional story. We’ll also cover tips and tricks for those individuals presently assembling materials for their Fellowship applications.
Ready to be a Fellow? Click here to learn more about the nomination process and submit your name for consideration of chapter endorsement.
*You can fill out a nomination form for yourself or have a colleague nominate you.
- Why should you put yourself, or a colleague, forward for the nomination process? Candidates for the College of Fellows must be nominated by either their assigned component or by a petition signed by any five Fellows in good standing or any 10 architect members in good standing. By completing our nomination process, you are putting yourself forward for component nomination. This means that you won’t need to complete the petition process, and that you’ll have the support of our amazing Fellows + Honors Committee, who will coach you through the submission process.
- What key dates should you mark on your calendar?
- March 15— Deadline to complete nomination form to be considered for component nomination
- June— Coaching sessions begin for selected nominees
- Summer & Fall— Working sessions to finalize your submission
- Early October— Submission deadline for the 2025 College of Fellows cycle
- How can you get a better sense of the scope of work required for this process? Review the example submissions that National has provided on their website. You can also request specific examples that aren’t currently provided by reaching out directly to the archivist!
- What happens after you submit in October? The jury will review submissions and will announce the 2025 College of Fellows in early 2025. If you are not selected during this round, you will have two additional years to apply for consideration.
This program is presented by AIA Seattle’s Fellows & Honors Committee with fully closed captioning. Please indicate on your registration form if you would like to be contacted about specific accommodations to fully participate in this program. Contact Anthony Collins, Senior Coordinator of Member Engagement, with any questions or concerns.