By becoming an Associate (not yet licensed) member, you join a broad network of professionals who are improving the practice of architecture, influencing the city, engaging in professional development and career activities, and educating the general public about the significance of architecture.
AIA is a three-tiered member organization for architects with benefits and dues at the national, state and local levels.
AIA Seattle and it’s committees annually offers over 50 AIA classes that meet Washington State’s new requirements for continuing education. There is no better place for architects to earn their 24 professional development hours.
With more than 2,600 local members, AIA Seattle is a community of your design, construction and architecture colleagues tailored to inspire, educate and help advance your career.
Being part of AIA Seattle is more than just these three letters after your name. Membership is about community, passion, education and a commitment to elevating design as a platform for making our city and our region better.
Member benefits include:
- Online continuing-education (CE) transcript
- Use of Associate AIA (Assoc. AIA) credentials
- Access to more than 20 AIA Seattle committees
- Signify that as an AIA member you adhere to a professional code of ethics
- Advocacy work on behalf of the industry
- Architectural Experience Program (AXP, formerly IDP) support, including help finding AXP coordinators and mentors
- Discounted attendance at AIA Seattle events, classes and forums
- Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) study resources and instruction to support you on the path to licensure
- In-office use of the AIA Seattle Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) Resource Library
- Access to the Emerging Professional’s Companion, an online resource to earn IDP credit
- Access to the National Associates Committee (NAC) programs, activities and resources that ensure you have a strong voice within the AIA
- AIA Career Center assistance to find design experience and professional opportunities
- Access to AIA Seattle job board
- Exclusive resume postings
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology and more
- Submittal discount for AIA Seattle’s Honor Awards for Washington Architecture
Explore AIA National’s Member Benefits.
Ready for the next phase of your career?
Emeritus Associate Membership
Any Architect/Associate member may apply for Emeritus status who has been in good standing in the Institute for fifteen successive years immediately prior to his or her application, and either (i) has attained the age of 70, and is retired from the profession of architecture, or (ii) is so incapacitated as to be unable to work in the profession. Exceptions are available upon application.
Contact AIA Seattle’s Membership and Development Coordinator, Anthony Collins, to learn about and apply for Emeritus status at email@example.com.
AIA SEATTLE MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EXLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP DISCOUNTS AT: