By becoming an Associate member, you join a network that is the future of the profession. AIA Seattle is dedicated to providing opportunities for engagement and leadership, and to support you on your professional path.
AIA members receive a 50-70% discount on over 50 AIA Seattle learning opportunities each year. There is no better place to earn professional development hours.
With more than 2,800 local members, AIA Seattle is a community of architecture, engineering, construction, and allied professionals who engage in connection and networking through high energy in-person events and engaging virtual opportunities.
As a member of AIA Seattle, you are an individual contributor to the collective voice of AIA with policymakers to further the profession and champion the design of thriving, livable communities. Your membership supports engagement to elevate public awareness of how design impacts lives and livelihoods.
Member benefits include:
- Online continuing-education (CE) transcript via Career Center
- Over 50 AIA Seattle continuing education offerings annually with 50%-70% discounted attendance for in-person classes and forums and discounts for virtual programs
- Support for licensure through the free use of study materials, and support from groups like Laddership for mentoring and the Young Architects Forum
- Discounted attendance at AIA Seattle celebratory events and networking opportunities
- Access to more than 20 AIA Seattle committees
- Submittal discount for AIA Seattle’s Honor Awards for Washington Architecture
- Submittal discounts for other recognition programs
- Honor Awards commemorative publication which celebrates architecture in the state of Washington mailed directly to members
- Comprehensive news about the industry and engagement opportunities regularly delivered by email and available online
- Community centered advocacy efforts in core areas of climate, housing, and Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
CREDIBILITY AND PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT
- 30% off AIA Contract Documents
- AIA Trust protection through professional liability, term life and other insurance coverage
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology and more
- Use of AIA credentials as assurance that you adhere to a professional code of ethics
- Exclusive resume postings and access to post your resume on the ‘Resume Board’
- Advocacy work on behalf of the industry
- Access to published compensation reports which AIA Seattle purchases for use by members
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PAYING DUES BY INSTALLMENT OR AT AN ADJUSTED LEVEL?
Dues can be paid by installment on the AIA National website. AIA Seattle supports member applications for dues adjustments based on AIA National’s framework for hardship which include financial hardship, unemployment/partial employment, medical disability, sabbatical and family leave. AIA Seattle’s policy is to support all hardship requests of members based on self-identification, without requiring documentation. Make a confidential request to AIA Seattle for a dues adjustment by reaching out to Camilla Nicholas at Camillan@aiaseattle.org who will support you to complete AIA National’s Dues Adjustment Form.
Ready for the next phase of your career?
Emeritus Associate Membership
Any Architect/Associate member may apply for Emeritus status who has been in good standing in the Institute for fifteen successive years immediately prior to his or her application, and either (i) has attained the age of 70, and is retired from the profession of architecture, or (ii) is so incapacitated as to be unable to work in the profession. Exceptions are available upon application.
To learn more about and apply for Emeritus status, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.