Company Website Environmental Works Community Design Center
Environmental Works Community Design Center is seeking an emerging professional with 3‐5 years’ experience to be a member of our team with opportunities for growth within our non-profit organization.
- Assisting other architectural staff on projects;
- CAD drafting;
- 3D modeling of project designs;
- Preparation of presentation drawings;
- Permit set drawings and construction drawings;
- Researching architectural materials and systems;
- Preparation of marketing materials;
- Managing small projects depending on experience level; other as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- 3-5 years of experience as a designer/drafter in an architectural firm
- Architectural Design
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; good people/team building skills
SOFTWARE PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE/CAPACITY REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office and Project
- CAD drafting proficiency –Revit knowledge a plus, but not required
- Adobe Suite
Desirable qualities include: strong interest in and commitment to the mission of Environmental Works; flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed; self‐motivation with a desire to learn more and share learning experiences in a collaborative atmosphere. Experience with multi‐family housing projects and ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
We offer competitive salary and benefits (see benefits summary below). Environmental Works values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents and veterans to apply. Consideration for employment will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Medical, Vision, Disability and life insurance
- PTO time – all time is lumped into one (including sick vacation and holiday) and can be used at employee’s discretion. 5 weeks per year (17.33 hours per month). Can carry over 80 hours at the end of the year
- 403b Retirement with 3% match after one year of employment
- Continuing Education support
- Professional memberships paid at 75%.
- Flextime available with approval
- Orca pass paid in full
- JUST organization per the Living Future Institute.
Environmental Works is a nonprofit Community Design Center that provides architectural services to low-income and nonprofit clients throughout Washington State. We design affordable housing, community facilities, youth and child care centers, shelters, accessible renovations, public landscapes, and similar projects in which social, economic and environmental design are a primary focus. Our culture values office-wide collaboration and support; equity and diversity; open communication and sharing of resources; and high quality design. Environmental Works cultivates well-rounded professionals and strives to affect positive change in the world. We are committed to mentoring individuals from marginalized communities. Please see: www.eworks.org
Please email your resume, letter of interest and selected work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org