Nominations for Local & National Honors
AIA Seattle strives for diversity in leadership. Your nominations are critical to our chapter's ability to recognize and encourage design leadership across the breadth of our profession.
Consider nominating one or more of your peers for a local, regional, or national award, the College of Fellows, or for the AIA Seattle Board of Directors. AIA Seattle enthusiastically welcomes nominations for these awards and honors year-round, with the Fellows & Honors Committee starting deliberations for this year’s cycle after Friday, March 17, 2023.
Individual Awards & Honors
AIA Seattle’s annual awards to individuals include the Medal of Honor, the Young Architect Award, Honorary Membership, Allied Organization Award, and a Community Service Award. Award decisions are made by the AIA Seattle Fellows & Honors Committee. To nominate an individual for an award, please fill out this form by Friday, July 21, 2023.
College of Fellows
Fellowship is one of the highest national honors the AIA can bestow upon a member. AIA Seattle nominates and supports local members who are submitting for the College of Fellows through the Fellows & Honors Committee. Fellowship decisions are made at the national level by a jury of Fellows. To nominate an individual for Fellowship, please fill out this form. Nominations received after Friday, March 17, 2023 will not be included in the 2023 awards cycle, but will be held to a future year.
- Why should you put yourself, or a colleague, forward for the nomination process? Candidates for the College of Fellows must be nominated by either their assigned component or by a petition signed by any five Fellows in good standing or any 10 architect members in good standing. By completing our nomination process, you are putting yourself forward for component nomination. This means that you won’t need to complete the petition process, and that you’ll have the support of our amazing Fellows + Honors Committee, who will coach you through the submission process.
- What key dates should you mark on your calendar?
- March 17— Deadline to complete nomination form to be considered for component nomination
- June— Coaching sessions begin for selected nominees
- Summer & Fall— Working sessions to finalize your submission
- Early October— Submission deadline for the 2024 College of Fellows cycle
- How can you get a better sense of the scope of work required for this process? Review the example submissions that National has provided on their website. You can also request specific examples that aren’t currently provided by reaching out directly to the archivist!
- What happens after you submit in October? The jury will review submissions and will announce the 2024 College of Fellows in early 2024. If you are not selected during this round, you will have two additional years to apply for consideration.
**All nominees will be asked to disclose any violations of the AIA Code of Ethics in the last seven years. Please review the AIA Code of Ethics here.