Custom Home Architect/Designer
Company Website Studio Zerbey Architects
Studio Zerbey is a design-oriented architecture and interiors design firm located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We are focused on thoughtfully designed and detailed natural modern custom homes and whole-house remodels throughout the west coast, including Alaska and Hawaii. Our current projects include custom homes on exceptional land in the Seattle area, Bainbridge Island, California and Montana.
We’re growing our team by adding an architect/designer to work closely with our two firm principals on all aspects of our workflow. Ideal candidates will have at least 2+ years of residential experience, however we are somewhat flexible on you experience level and mostly interested in hiring good people with a desire to excel and grow as a part of our team. Your compensation package will depend on your years of experience, quality of experience, and how much of that experience is relevant to the work we do.
We are a full-service architecture and interior design firm involved in projects from the pre-design phase throughout completion of construction. Each of our projects start with a response to the site, the client’s program, and their budget. We deliver comprehensive construction drawings including thoroughly coordinated consultant drawings, full interior design, materials selections, lighting & electrical design, and a complete set of details and specifications. We are involved throughout the construction process, performing several site visits, reviewing submittals and shop drawings, answering questions, and advocating for our clients until they move in.
Ideal candidates should have:
- A professional degree in architecture
- Honesty and integrity, dependability, efficient communication, and a decent sense of humor
- A good eye for design composition
- Working knowledge of residential construction methods
- Experience developing permit submittals and detailing custom homes
- Working knowledge of Archicad or Revit
Bonus points for candidates with experience in:
- Photoshop and In-Design
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work closely with two principal architects/mentors on all aspects of our workflow
- The best hardware and software available to do our work, whether in the office or working from home
- An office designed specifically for our workflow with high end sit-stand workstations, heavily filtered fresh air, and lots of natural light and plants!
- Flexible schedules for those who prefer to work from home and will consider up to partial remote work for candidates with sufficient experience.
- Compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 5 weeks of flex PTO/Holiday, and annual performance bonuses.
- Optional life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.
- A well-balanced office culture that values our employees lives outside of the office.
- Conveniently located in a residential neighborhood in Ballard with plenty of parking and bus stop within 3 blocks.
- A goofy golden retriever named Gus, who will joyfully greet you.
Please email your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you and will respond to all applicants who are a good fit.