Federal Facility Planner
Company Website MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP
About the opportunity
MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP is seeking a creative, independent, and collaborative individual for our federal facilities planning team. This is a great opportunity to contribute to an employee-focused culture, as well as learn and collaborate with experienced architects, landscape architects, and planners. If you want to work with a team of listeners, hard workers, innovators, collaborators, and problem-solvers, MAKERS is for you.
Our federal facilities planning work integrates architecture, planning, and communication to help federal agencies and their projects “get off on the right foot.” We offer designers the opportunity to be involved in what is often the most creative phase of design, shape some of the most consequential aspects of projects, and positively impact the agencies we serve.
This position is based in our Seattle office. We support partial work-from-home arrangements with a mix of in-office and site work required.
The ideal candidate will bring a diverse perspective and have outstanding organizational, analysis, and communication skills. Typical tasks may include:
- Researching and conveying trends and best practices.
- Preparing for and attending customer interviews, site visits, meetings, and presentations.
- Planning and facilitating interactive workshops and other engagement activities.
Producing presentations, graphics, documents, and a variety of other materials.
- Collaborating with clients, colleagues, and team members to deliver successful facility plans, master plans, and site plans.
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, planning or a related field.
- Advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and Microsoft Office.
- Technical writing skills for report production and other documents.
- One to three years of experience in a professional setting relating to planning or architecture work, including internships.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to conduct field work.
- Excellent graphic communication skills.
- Has document production knowledge, including layout.
- Skilled at working with AutoCAD and ArcPro GIS.
- Previous experience with military or federal planning.
Who we are
MAKERS has been a leader in the urban, facilities, and federal planning and design fields for 50 years, consistently taking on and shaping projects that help our clients, communities, and the profession.
As a woman-owned small business, MAKERS believes staff with diverse backgrounds enrich and benefit our team, firm, and community. MAKERS offers a dynamic, flexible workplace and the opportunity to have a real impact on our projects and the firm.
This is an hourly, nonexempt position, with a base salary range of $31-$35/hour, DOE. MAKERS’ benefits and perks include medical/dental/vision insurance, FSA, employer-sponsored life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing,10 days paid off per year, 8 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, paid sick leave, merit-based bonuses, ORCA transit pass, continuing education funding, and more.
A resume, and portfolio demonstrating graphics and writing skills are required. Current or future visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls/emails please. The position is open until filled.
Please make sure to check your junk/spam folders in case messages from our application system are filtered.
MAKERS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MAKERS will verify employment eligibility with E-Verify.