Full Time Project Architect
Company Website Allied8
Allied8 Architects is a Seattle-based full-service architecture firm striving to connect the dots between sustainable architecture, equitable development, social justice policy, respect for nature, and beautiful craft. The challenge inspires us to keep asking questions, push boundaries, seek alliances, build partnerships, and develop solutions to complex problems. We are a small team, with big aspirations.
We currently have projects across the Seattle Metropolitan area and San Juan Islands. Our projects fall across a variety of types and scale, including custom single-family, infill duplex & townhouses, urban mixed-use development, and civic/public works. We are passionate about affordable housing ownership models. We are also particularly excited to be working with advocates of the Central Area’s Black community to identify design and funding strategies for building more housing on Black-owned properties. We are honored to support this community striving to secure more housing options, more income options, cultural stability and family legacies.
We work collaboratively and aim to strike a healthy work/life balance.
We are seeking an architectural professional with 6-8 years of experience in design, drawing, permitting, and construction administration, and who is excited about working on values-based projects.
We are looking for the following specific skills and proficiencies:
- Design talent (a strong command of design principles and the iterative creative process)
- Drawing and graphic skills (an aptitude for synthesizing and expressing an idea graphically)
- Strong communication and professional writing skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit (a capacity to work independently, problem-solve and figure stuff out)
- Collaborative instinct (a willingness to brainstorm together or cooperate on team efforts)
- Must be willing to work (full or part-time) within our Seattle office and attend meetings or site visits
- Organization and time management skills (establishing priorities, keeping track and meeting deadlines)
- Expertise in construction techniques, materials, building assemblies and details
- Experience working with Land Use, Building & Energy Codes, and general permitting requirements
- Experience with BuiltGreen, LEED or Passive House (preferred)
- Community outreach experience and/or public speaking skills (a plus!)
- High proficiency in Revit (required)
- High proficiency in Lumion or comparable rendering software (preferred and/or willingness to learn)
- Moderate proficiency in other drawing software: SketchUp, AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop (preferred)
- Moderate experience in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Teams
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement fund (SIMPLE IRA)
Send resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org; RE: a8 architect