Project Architect / Project Manager
Company Website BuildingWork
BuildingWork is hiring for a Project Architect / Project Manager
BuildingWork is a ten-person architecture firm with a studio on the Seattle waterfront. We specialize in the design of civic buildings, adaptive reuse, historic preservation, and environmentally responsive design. Our project types include public libraries, office work places, multi-family residential, and community, arts, and culture spaces. We are looking to grow our team with thoughtful and creative people who share our values of Respect, Teamwork, Curiosity, Engagement, Equity, and Excellence.
Responsibilities for the Project Architect/Project Manager position include the development of project design and documentation, technical detailing, consultant coordination, preparation of project deliverables, management of entitlement and permit processes, and construction administration. Project management skills such as oversight of fee allocation, project schedule, workflow, deadlines, and effective client communication will also lead to success in the role.
Qualifications for this position include:
· An accredited professional architecture degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
· Eight (8) years or more of professional post-graduate architecture firm experience
· Architect license or in the process of licensure
· Experience working in BIM 3D design and documentation (ArchiCAD is a plus)
· Demonstrated experience leading the documentation, coordination, and delivery of mid-size projects from schematic design through construction administration
· A passion for community-focused design projects, adaptive reuse, and sustainable design
· Able to work on site in Seattle WA
In addition, candidates should have strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both in teams and independently. Candidates should be self-motivated and be interested to participate in a collaborative and creative studio environment with a culture of learning and excellence.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this position that includes:
· Annual salary range of $85,000 and $100,000, depending on experience
· Four weeks (20 days) of paid time off
· Ten (10) paid holidays
· Firm provided health insurance plan including medical and dental coverage
· AIA membership dues paid by the firm ($900/year)
· $300 annual stipend for continued education and professional development
· 401k retirement savings plan with a 4.0% matching firm contribution
· Discretionary bonuses based on firm profitability and individual performance
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com, attention Matt Aalfs. BuildingWork is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. Please see www.buildingwork.design for more information about our firm.