International Women’s Day 2022
In principle and in practice, AIA Seattle values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation within the field of architecture. Over 60% of AIA Seattle leaders are women, including Board, Committee Chairs, and Staff, and our chapter continues to exceed the national average for women members.
Women in Design Committee Updates
The Women in Design Committee (WiD) celebrates women in the design professions and supports their professional development and leadership growth by providing a forum for thoughtful discussion and networking. The committee meets the fourth Thursday of every month at noon, currently via Zoom due to COVID-19. AIA Seattle members, allied members, and sponsors are encouraged to join as well as other professionals in the design community. New and interested members are welcome at any monthly meeting, no pre-registration is required.
Subscribe to WiD’s newsletter for updates, events, and meetings.
Articles of Note
- Women Make Up Just One in Five Top Positions at Biggest Architecture Firms Despite “Huge Jump” by Nat Barker
- 10 Black Women Changing the Architecture and Design Space by Sydney Gore
- The Matrix Feminist Design Co-operative Was Ahead of Its Time by Annie Howard for AIA Architect
- When Architects Made Worlds by Michael Kimmelman. MoMA explores an era of sweeping change, when South Asian architects — pioneering women, among them — redefined the postcolonial era and helped construct new nation-states.
- Architect Farshid Moussavi and Artist Mona Hatoum Are the Recipients of the 2022 Jane Drew and Ada Louise Huxtable Prizes Celebrating Women in Architecture