Architectural Designer / Project Architect
Company Website Weinstein A+U
Weinstein A+U is an award-winning 25-person generalist architecture firm located in the Belltown neighborhood, just north of Pike Place Market in Seattle. We cultivate a casual, open, and highly collaborative work environment where contributions from all teammates are expected and respected. Our design approach delivers disciplined and thoughtful buildings that respond to our clients’ needs, fit their site circumstances, earn broad community support, and serve as exemplars of design excellence. We are proud to have received the 2019 AIA Northwest and Pacific Region Firm Award.
We are seeking experienced, well-rounded architects who are excited about shaping communities through their work on projects of various type and scale, including multifamily and single-family residential, commercial, and public sector projects. You should expect to take on a diverse range of responsibilities including client engagement, public presentations, design and documentation, code and regulatory analysis, technical detailing, and guiding the work of project staff.
You must be:
· a strong designer with an attention to detail
· able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
· an excellent problem-solver
· a superb graphic and verbal communicator
· eager to learn as well as to mentor
· self-motivated and able to skillfully motivate others
We expect you will have approximately 5 to 8 years of architectural experience, hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, be a US citizen or hold a current work visa, and be as adept with a pencil or pen as you are with a computer. Experience in high-end single family residential work is preferred, but not required. BIM experience with ArchiCAD is preferred, but not required.
Weinstein A+U offers a competitive compensation package with the following benefits:
· Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
· Flexible work schedules
· Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, transportation, parking and daycare
· Participation in a 401(k) retirement plan (traditional or Roth)
· Subsidized educational, training and mentorship opportunities
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, references, and work samples (including a description of your role and specific involvement) via email to email@example.com in a single PDF limited to 12MB. Please include “Architectural Designer / Project Architect” and your name in the subject line. Please do not follow up with phone calls or drop-ins—we will contact selected candidates to arrange an interview.