Company Website Weber Thompson
Weber Thompson is an award-winning architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and community design firm. Our projects are complex and challenging – but we are a great group of talented design professionals who value collaboration and humor in our day-to-day dedication to create success via design and technical excellence. Our brand new office is located in the deep-green Living Building Watershed, located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
Our office is a friendly and low-key, yet deadline-driven and client-centric, with minimal egos. Our Graphic Design + Marketing Studio is a small but mighty team of creative individuals who tell the firm’s stories, help cultivate lasting client relationships, and design human-centric environmental graphics for the built environment.
If you’re a talented marketer who seeks a close-knit, collaborative team environment in which to showcase your unique talents, please apply for the following position. We’d love to hear more about your skills and experience, and why you think you’d be a great fit at Weber Thompson.
Full-Time Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly collaborative Marketing Coordinator to join our team. You’ll work closely with the Marketing Director and Senior Graphic Designer. As a three-person team we function much like an in-house marketing agency within a 70+ design firm. We take our work very seriously, but we’re not afraid to have fun, too! We make time for happy hours, lunch dates, ski days and more.
Weber Thompson is led by five Senior Principals who direct all aspects of the firm, including operations and marketing. The goal of everything we do is to make ourselves, our colleagues, and our leadership team shine. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the design of the built environment, has a great sense of humor, and excels at marketing, writing, communication, and graphic design.
This position is full time, salaried with benefits, and reports to the Marketing Director. You will work out of our office in Seattle, WA, although part-time remote work is possible.
Position Role & Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator will:
· Enjoy telling stories through written and visual formats
· Enjoy working collaboratively with a variety of personalities
· Stay curious and committed to professional development
· Have enthusiasm for architectural design
· Maintain a positive, professional, and friendly attitude
· Enjoy implementing ideas and initiating new projects
· Never miss deadlines
The Marketing Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
· Writing and content creation for the firm’s print collateral, website, social media and blog
· Managing the firm’s social media presence
· Production of proposals and qualifications packages
· Coordination and creation of award entries
· Database entry and contact management
· General graphic design production and support
· Website maintenance and editing
· Archiving and file organization
· Photo editing, cropping and preparation for web
· Event planning and coordination
· Overall marketing and administrative support
Benefits & Opportunities:
· Paid Time Off
· Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
· Retirement benefits or accounts
· Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
· Short-term & long-term disability insurance
· Ability to work alongside a group of creative thinkers
· Room to experiment and take initiative on new ideas
· Professional growth opportunities
· Ability to participate in firm-wide initiatives such as our Culture Club, Sustainabiliteam or Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion task force
Desired Skills and Experience
4-5 years marketing or admin experience
Excellent communication skills
Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
Experience with graphic design and layouts
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude
Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Attention to detail
Proficient in Social Media, particularly managing business profiles
Ability to work independently or as part of a group
Ability to work in our Seattle, WA office, and to travel to jobsites as needed
WordPress, Mailchimp, and related database management experience
Experience working within a design-oriented culture
Photography and/or photo editing experience
Drone piloting experience
Experience with Deltek Vision / Vantagepoint
Video editing experience
To learn more about our firm culture, benefits and projects, please visit www.weberthompson.com or find us on Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Qualified candidates should submit a single PDF (less than 8MB) including a cover letter, resume, three references, writing sample, and graphic sample (or portfolio website url) if available, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who submit incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted through January 31st, 2021.