Trinity | ERD, a premier building envelope consulting firm, is currently seeking a highly motivated Architect/Design Manager.. Our work is a mixture of building envelope, waterproofing consulting, existing building evaluations, design of repairs, and litigation support. We focus on the science of construction materials. We have a fast-paced work environment with opportunities for advancement and education
We are a seeking strong, qualified, multi-talented Architect who is adept at juggling ten to fifteen projects at once. Candidates should have project management experience with leadership qualities and be client focused for business development. Our most successful candidates excel at working independently, as well as part of a team, and maintain the most professional of relationships with co-workers, clients and contractors.
The Design Manager oversees design work from proposal to intake, development of design and issuance of construction documents, for remediation and new design. This position is responsible for managing a team of designers and drafters utilizing computer aided design for detailing. The work also includes ensuring drawings and designs are completed on time, and adhere to established specifications, codes, standards and project schedules.
Our most successful candidates excel at self-management as a part of a team, and management of support staff, perform accurate computations, and maintain the most professional of relationships with co-workers, clients and contractors.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, and at least 5 years of experience in the field, or equivalent. Reports directly to the CEO. Experience with and understanding of building envelope detailing and the material science is a tremendous asset.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
· Overseeing, developing and managing building envelope design aspects of projects (both new and existing) including review of deliverable work product which includes design recommendations, product recommendations, redline of project documents and details;
· Review of construction documents and provide consultation for the building envelope design through telephone communication, direct client interface and/or design documents;
· Draft and develop CAD details;
· Provide Summary of Waterproofing System for residential and commercial projects;
· Attend meetings with building owners, contractors, developers and architects;
· Conduct field site visits to review building issues; produce field notes and Construction Field Directives as required;
· Review product and sample submittals;
· Instruct and supervise work for/from draftsperson; instruct administrative personnel connected with design department;
· Communicate with client base; provide consultation services and direction related to proper design and details as submitted;
· Process Request for Information and review Substitution Request for Waterproofing Membranes and related components;
We offer a competitive benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing, vacation and sick leave, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, and paid holidays.