Accessibility Code Consultant I
Company Website Studio Pacifica
Studio Pacifica is a nationally-recognized architectural accessibility consulting firm with an office along the boat sheds of Lake Union in Seattle. SP is seeking qualified candidates for Accessibility Code Consultant I position to join our team of 5. This position will provide in-house document review services and on-site accessibility observation for projects under construction, both to ensure compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards, Fair Housing Act (FHA) guidelines and state and local accessibility code requirements. The position reports to the Principal. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, collaborative, team players.
Full-time or part-time candidates are welcome to apply, as well as candidates outside of the Puget Sound region.
Job responsibilities: These are illustrative in nature and responsibilities may expand as experience increases.
– Review construction documents generated by others for compliance with a specific list of codes addressing accessibility and report your observations through a standardized report format.
– Visit projects under construction to observe for a defined list of barriers and report your observations through a standardized report format.
– Track and organize reporting for various projects to ensure timeliness of reviews.
– Participate in office administration tasks, such as filing projects, travel planning, and project administration records keeping.
Requires a minimum of 3 years of architectural or construction management or related experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field and supervisory ability (or a combination of education and training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform work of the class.)
· Ability to read construction documents and read and apply code language. Expertise and/or knowledge in ADA, FHA and state accessibility codes. (Highly desired)
· Accreditation or certification demonstrating experience with principals of accessible design such as the ICC Accessibility Plans Examiner certification. (highly desired)
· Fluency with Office Suite, Bluebeam and other document review software
· Experience working directly with clients (desired)
· Experience working directly with construction teams (desired)
Work will require occasional travel, both in the Puget Sound region or farther afield. All travel expenses will be compensated and standard workday pay provided. Cheerful, positive and articulate candidates are encouraged to apply. Send resumes with cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls or office visits please.