Staff Architect, Programming + Planning Focus
Company Website LMN Architects
LMN Architects is currently seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Staff Architect, with a focus on the programming and planning for institutional building and other project types. Candidates should be passionate about the potential for architecture both to reflect and to serve users, stakeholders, and the broader community, as well as its place and context. In addition, candidates should have a strong design sensibility and appreciate the process of articulating design through the documentation and construction process.
LMN employees collaborate in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Mondays and Fridays are flexible workdays that allow employees to work in the office, from home, or any other location they choose. Monday-Friday core work hours of 9:30-4:00 allow employees to determine what working hours best suit their personal commitments, commuting, and work preference.
- Develop initial project vision, supported by both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Translate conceptual project framework into a design proposal.
- Prepare design and construction documents and generate detailed solutions to architectural problems.
- Coordinate documentation work with project team.
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary context, with interior designers, urban designers, and other architectural staff to organize team members, tasks, and meetings.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a range of architectural skills, with a focus on program-driven building types.
- Strong conceptual planning and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience presenting, leading group discussions, facilitating workshops, and engagement design.
- Revit proficiency preferred, familiarity with Rhino a plus.
- LEED certification is desirable as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design.
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment.
LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers, and planners passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office of 150 people located in Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential and transit facilities. In recognition of the quality of our work and professional leadership, LMN received the 2016 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice. More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com.
LMN expects all employees to support its equal employment opportunity policy and is committed to fostering a workplace where everyone can work in a productive, respectful, and professional environment. LMN does not tolerate discrimination against its employees on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, political ideology, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veteran status, sexual orientation, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.