Project Designer (8+ Years of Experience)
Company Website SRG Partnership, Inc.
SRG is currently seeking Project Designer candidates with 8+ years of experience to join our dynamic team. This role will be based out of our Seattle Studio.
SRG was founded nearly 50 years ago on a simple idea: partnership as both our name and an attitude that shapes everything we do. Partnerships define how we engage our clients, how we work with each other and how we build our teams. Our NW roots contribute to this outlook through a deep appreciation for the natural beauty that surrounds us and a pioneering spirit that drives us forward. This attitude is expressed in our work: design that is inventive, deeply sustainable and based on the best ideas to achieve our clients’ highest aspirations.
We are currently working remotely to serve our clients and to pursue and win work. We are actively recruiting some key positions to add to our talented team. Our SRG culture is thriving in our virtual environment, with many opportunities to connect and engage with the team and contribute to our culture and firm success.
When we are ready to start using our studio spaces, our offices in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon both feature a light-filled, design-studio environment that supports inclusive communication, integration of disciplines and shared learning. With 65 employees, we are both nimble and able to tackle projects of any scale. We embrace a wide range of different perspectives in our culture and our work, which leads to new and innovative ways of thinking, and ultimately, to better design. Our experience has shown that by working together we can invent a better future.
What you’ll be doing
- Work collaboratively with Design Principals to develop design concepts and explore design iterations.
- Develop design solutions consistent with overall design concept. Develop design details in collaboration with technical architects.
- Provide mentorship to emerging staff and contribute to overall firmwide design culture and design dialog.
- Embody SRG’s design attitude, which is forward thinking, relentlessly curious and rooted in next-generation sustainability. We are giant-slayers who can compete with even the biggest firms in the country, but with a culture that is the opposite of corporate – close-knit, connected and engaged.
- Represent SRG on projects, including working directly with the owner, consultants and the contractor.
- Play a role in Business Development and Marketing. As a key team member and design voice for the firm, participate in interviews for projects and public presentations.
What you bring
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- License and LEED accreditation, preferred
- 8+ years’ experience, ideally with a portfolio of public sector projects. Work in healthcare or for university and education clients a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to embrace new and innovative approaches to design and graphic representation
- A commitment to sustainability and a strong understanding of sustainable design
- Revit and Adobe Suite proficiency, required
- Strong graphic skills and ability to communicate design ideas clearly
- Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketchup, 3D modeling software, or other design technology tools, preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative virtual team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to analyze complex challenges and provide holistic solutions
- Actively engaged with the community and seeks out opportunities to build connections
SRG offers a highly engaging, collaborative environment that supports learning and growth experiences, a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Licensure
- Life Insurance
- Access to Voluntary Benefits – 401(k) Retirement Plan, Long-Term Disability
- Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance and Pre-Tax, Flexible Spending Account
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification form.
SRG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.