Company Website SmithGroup
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies, and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities, and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
We are in the unique position of having multiple significant healthcare commissions for institutions shaping the landscape of next-generation healthcare that offer career-shaping leadership roles and experiences for dedicated and emerging professionals. The work includes large-scale hospital expansions for academic medical centers and leading community healthcare systems as well as mid-to large-scale ambulatory surgery and specialty care environments. These projects offer opportunities to gain experience working in Big Rooms and partnering with contractors and trade partners through design.
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Medical Planner to join our team. This role can be fulfilled remotely.
Working with us, you will:
- Specialize in medical facility planning, programming, medical equipment planning, process mapping and report writing.
- Contribute to projects, beginning in programming through construction documents, and be responsible for experiential and functional aspects of proposed planning solutions.
- Lead programming and medical planning efforts on a variety of healthcare project types and scales; as well as work as part of a larger project planning team under the direction of a Senior Planner.
- Collaborate and coordinate with designers, project architects, specialty consultants, engineers, as well as build partners, i.e. contractors and trade partners, in the production of drawings and documentation and as a planning resource through project delivery/construction.
- Develop master plans that include analysis of long-term healthcare facility needs and developing solutions that balance construction of new facilities with renovation of existing facilities and integrate campus/urban planning concepts.
- Exercise exceptional leadership, communication and team-building skills.
- Prepare, attend and facilitate client meetings as needed and document the meeting with meeting notes.
- Conduct code and regulation reviews and searches.
- Conduct literature and benchmarking analysis and searches.
- Coach other staff in medical planning as needed.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of architectural experience.
- Experience in healthcare or higher education project types valued, though not required.
- Excellent design/ planning ability and the potential to generate a variety of options for the layout of departmental spaces, healthcare facilities and campuses.
- Strong client leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong personal leadership and verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to building and working within a strong team culture.
- LEED AP and Architectural Registration preferred.
- High proficiency with Excel and graphic programs, such as Revit, AutoCAD. Proficiencies with SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also promote a healthy work/life balance for our staff which includes an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays), as well as hybrid work options that give our team the flexibility to work within our vibrant office culture or remotely, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.