Director of Marketing and Communications
Company Website Skylab Architecture
Skylab is a nationally recognized innovative award winning design practice seeking a Director of Marketing + Communications. This position is focused on implementing strategic marketing and business development initiatives. The multi-dimensional nature of the role includes the ability to initiate, organize and lead the development of effective marketing and communication strategies.
As the successful candidate, you have a passion for design, a keen eye for detail, and excellent writing and editing skills. You will engage with key stakeholders at all levels of the business and possess a strong graphic sense understanding the type of effective graphics and images that engage the audience. Leading marketing communications and creating well-designed marketing collateral, qualification packages, and proposals and presentations for public and private sector clients is a key part of the role. The ideal candidate will also have exceptional client and design community relationship building skills with experience working at a national or global professional services firm.
- Developing strategic 1- and 5-year Marketing Plans
- Developing client outreach, relationships and design community presence
- Establish and provide oversight of the firm’s marketing budget
- Direct the firm’s website
- Direct the firm’s awards submissions and exhibits
- Responsibility for marketing database and marketing budget
- Supervise the maintenance of the firm’s image libraries and implement file management standards
- Cultivate and maintain firm’s mailing list
- Surpervise the production of all marketing collateral and supporting materials
- Contributing ideas to the Business Planning process
- Developing client relationships and build market awareness
- Assisting in developing and managing thought leadership programs and other relevant Business Development events, including seminars, forums, and workshops.
- Manage staff for particular pursuits, ensuring compliance on all deliverables, in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator
- Manage the proposal process: issue directives and schedules, draft and/or edit original content, help to coordinate with subconsultants, and schedule and lead reviews, in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Track public agency sites; circulate information as appropriate.
- Research, engage, and expand client relationships regionally and nationally as well as the establishment of a presence in new international geographic markets.
- Track and develop fee benchmarking for new projects and proposals
- Working with our PR firm to identify and coordinate external and internal communication opportunities including appropriate local, national, and global award programs
- Assessing exemplar projects and key stories and develop and lead content and creation of awards submissions, in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator and our PR firm
- Monitoring local studio information on the website to ensure project data, photography, market experience, and people information is current. Provide Marketing Coordinator with updates as needed.
- Ensure quality and consistent messaging and branding throughout marketing efforts.
- Assist in writing and editing project descriptions, case studies, and other marketing collateral/materials.
- Management of all responsibilities relating to press activity, new book publication, exhibitions, award submissions, and communications-related archiving.
- Monitor the assembly of all business proposals, firm brochures, press releases, press kits, award packages, and presentations. Provide Marketing Coordinator with updates as needed.
- Monitor all social media presence on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, including all collaborative promotional efforts within the industry. Provide Marketing Coordinator with updates as needed.
- Monitor the collection and accurate maintenance of project, personnel, client, and subconsultant data; assist with marketing drive organization and maintenance. Provide Marketing Coordinator with updates as needed.
- A proven track record including attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and experience implementing marketing and client relationship projects through completion
- Ability to work on time and budget, in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with personal drive and energy
- Excellent listening, written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, particularly in writing proposals
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Relevant 4-year degree in marketing or communications
- 5-10 years (or equivalent) experience in a similar role in an architecture firm or the AEC industry
- Advanced graphics capability are essential including Adobe Suite, InDesign and Microsoft Office skills
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include role/title in the email subject line
- No phone calls, please
Skylab is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.