Project Manager + Architect
Company Website Schemata Workshop
Schemata Workshop is hiring an Architect with approximately 8 – 10 years of experience in affordable and market-rate multifamily housing, community buildings, and other mixed-use projects. Experience with urban design and “infratecture” is appreciated as well. We invite candidates to bring innovation and passion to the position, and we welcome ideas to improve our firm culture and the overall quality of work.
Schemata Workshop is a collaborative architecture practice dedicated to fostering vibrant communities where people can live, work, and play. Our work is mission-driven, focusing on building community, resilience, and social equity through thoughtful design, and work with clients who share our values.
Schemata Workshop actively supports the professional development of its staff. The person in this position will be encouraged to contribute to conversations around business development and project management. We offer an opportunity for career growth and leadership progression. An acute dedication to the practice of architecture is required for this position, along with outstanding graphic and verbal communication skills, and a passion for sustainability, racial equity, and community. Engagement in community is desirable, as well as an interest in public interest design and public projects.
- Lead team interaction with public agencies, including permitting, planning, and design review process.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Creative design and problem solving in project teams of 2 to 4 people.
- Must be able to execute design work on small projects, with familiarity and accuracy from concept design through construction contract documents. Larger projects will require oversight and additional team collaboration.
- Drafting and detailing of a variety of construction types, especially wood-framed
- Visualization of projects to communicate design intent and design evolution.
- Graphics support for active projects and marketing efforts
- Land use (zoning) and Building Code research and analysis.
- Client care and support
Required Skills + Experience
- Autodesk Revit expertise
- Microsoft Office + Project
- Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam
- Bachelor’s degree (or more) in architecture
- Developing design options for team & client review
- Experience with Seattle Design Review process, or similar
- Experience with construction contract administration
Desirable Skills + Experience
- Active membership in local/national professional or community-based organization(s)
- Rhino and/or Sketchup for design studies
- LEED, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, and/or SEED accreditation
Salary range: $84,000 – $95,000, depending on qualifications.
- Medical, dental and disability insurance
- Family leave coverage
- Nine paid holidays
- Accrual of ten days of paid vacation
- Accrual of 52 hours of paid personal leave
- Annual continuing education stipend of $750
- Sixteen paid hours of continuing education
- Company-paid ORCA card
- Participation in IRA SIMPLE (3% company match)
- Company match for philanthropic giving (up to an annual maximum)
*Women and BIPOC folks encouraged to apply*
Please see www.schemataworkshop.com for the firm profile and more detailed project range. We take pride in our culture of transparency, mentorship, and collaboration. Schemata is a JUST-Certified company, which is a ‘nutritional label’ for social justice and equity indicators.
Consistent with existing city, state and federal laws, Schemata Workshop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political ideology, or that of his/her/their relatives, friends, or associates.