Company Website HEWITT
Seattle based HEWITT Architecture was founded in 1975 and is led today by Director of Design, Julia Nagele and Director of Practice, Sean Ludviksen. The studio is a collective of creators and thinkers who are driven by their curiosity and rigor.
HEWITT Architecture’s design approach seeks to expand the urban experience. Their work is inspired by the historical, cultural and natural context. They focus their collective expertise on a range of project types and sizes. Their work endeavors to evoke meaningful responses within the complexities of urban life.
As a Project Architect, you are highly organized and have a strong, collaborative relationship with project teams through every phase of project work. You are a go-to resource, known for having clear solutions for technical issues, and experienced in consultant coordination and project documentation for tall buildings.
- Collaboratively contribute to team, studio, and firm efforts
- Exhibit understanding of the design philosophy of projects, generating thoughtful solutions to architectural problems
- Lead team in the preparation of construction documents
- Coordinate documentation with the consultant team
- Resolve project-related technical challenges through sound decision-making, judgment, research and collaboration
- Work with entitlement and permitting agencies
- 10+ years of experience in architectural practice
- Strong Revit skills
- Experience with Seattle permitting process, preferred
- Proficient with building code analysis, Seattle Building Code experience preferred
- Proficient with zoning code analysis, Seattle Land Use Code experience preferred
- Experience working in Microsoft Windows networked environments, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Professional degree – Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture, or similar
- Professional Architect registration, preferred, but not required
- LEED professional credentials are a plus
- US citizen or hold a US work visa
We are working in a hybrid in-office/remote work format at present, while making plans to return to our office late autumn.
HEWITT is committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Visit our website at HEWITT Architecture to learn more.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and work samples at email@example.com with the title of your preferred position in the subject line. No phone calls please.