Company Website Pacific Engineering Technologies, Inc.
Pacific Engineering Technologies is a structural engineering and architectural design firm located in north Seattle, Washington. We are seeking a motivated full-time designer to be a member of our team who wants to work on multiple unique and rewarding projects. This position is a long-term career opportunity for the right individual. Our primary areas of business include: investigation of damaged buildings, evaluation of defective construction, and design of repairs to damaged buildings using various construction materials. Our firm was established in 1960 and we have been providing structural engineering and architectural design services to clients with commercial, residential, industrial, institutional, pier, and historic projects for over 60 years.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Perform site work to review existing buildings or buildings under construction, obtain field measurements including photographic documentation, and assess damage. At times, access crawlspaces, attics, scaffolding, lifts and swing stages.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD, SketchUp and Microsoft Suite.
- Prepare detailed construction documents for cost estimating, permitting, and construction.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Prepare detailed reports written in easy-to-understand language.
- Perform zoning, building and energy code research.
- Review bids, shop drawings and contractor submittals.
- Track and manage multiple short- and long-term projects at one time.
- Work with and/or manage other designers, engineers and drafters involved with the projects.
- Coordinate with in-house structural engineering team on renovations, repairs, rebuilds, additions and new construction.
- Communicate effectively with team members, consultants, clients, contractors, etc.
We are a smaller firm that likes to call ourselves a family. Our owners are also full-time employees of the company who work with designer, EITs and licensed engineers each day. We work on a variety of small-to-large projects using a wide-range of building materials. We encourage a good work-life balance and offer related flexibility. Since we are looking for the right person, we are considering an architectural designer coming out of school, up to an architectural designer with multiple years of experience in the process of completing AXP or in the process of taking ARE exams.
If you are a strong candidate as a current or future architectural designer and are seeking a professional design firm with which to develop your career, please submit a cover letter, your resume, and examples of your writing in PDF format for consideration.