Company Website Mahlum Architects
Mahlum is a community of practice which envisions a world where healthy human and environmental systems thrive. Stand with Us.
In our firms’ collective work, which ranges from community, cultural, healthcare, K-12, and higher education facilities, we value inclusiveness and strive to nurture underrepresented voices in our collaborative engagement. Mahlum fully embraces architectural principles and practices that respect the earth, show reverence for nature’s life-giving force, and support learning opportunities connected to the environment. We take seriously the responsibility to use resources wisely, selecting locally made products, designing low-impact building systems, and demanding resource conservation for all project types. Come join us.
We have a new opportunity to join our design team in Seattle, as a member of our professional staff, working with our clients in education and healthcare. We are looking for someone who has strong graphic documentation skills, great teamwork, and collaboration abilities. An interest in or passion for education or healthcare built environments strongly desired.
- Work on all phases of a project from schematic design through construction administration
- Develop drawings and details in 2D & 3D
- Investigate program application and spatial consequences
- Research products, detailing and other materials used in design
- Contribute design ideas and possible solutions within the design team
- Create project documentation and graphics
- Research codes and perform due diligence
- Prepare graphic presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- A minimum of three (3) years of firm experience
- Skilled in Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Abode CS, Microsoft Office
- Ability to express ideas clearly in 2D and 3D digitally
- Able to independently plan, research, and organize a variety of information
- Comfortable in researching building and zoning codes
- Enthusiastic about the art and science of the mental, physical, and environmental design choices that lead to sustainable, transformational systems
Mahlum has a culture committed to sustainability, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. As an organization committed to projects that benefit our communities, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We recognize the power a diverse workforce brings to our organization and support a positive and welcoming environment.
Starting annual salary ranges are targeted at the Design II ($63,000 – $80,000) or Design III ($72,000 – $90,000) hiring range. Please note that with pay equity analysis, starting salary is based the experience stated on your resume/application. Mahlum employees are eligible for annual discretionary bonus compensation in addition to salary.
Mahlum provides our employees with comprehensive benefits including 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance costs, 401k plan with immediate employer matching, PTO available upon hire, annual continuing education stipends, paid membership dues & licensing costs. Mahlum supports staff in choices such as matching charitable donations, providing paid volunteer time, providing financial support for commuting to work by public transit, bicycle, walking, or carpool. We are committed to an ongoing hybrid flexible work environment where our staff have in-office and work-from-home options. Mahlum participates in the JUST Label transparency program.
All applicants must live and work in one of Mahlum’s communities (Portland metro/Seattle metro) and be legally authorized to work in the United States. Come join us.