Company Website Jones & Jones Architects and Landscape Architects
Project Architect – Competitive Salary + Benefits – Seattle, Washington
Jones & Jones is currently looking to hire Project Architects with a minimum of 3- 5 years of professional experience competent in the detailing and technical documentation of project design, coordination of building systems with consultants, confirmation of conformance with all applicable codes and interface with municipal building departments and other governing agencies to coordinate approvals.
The key responsibilities of a Project Architect include, but are not limited to:
· Be able to advance the design intent of the project throughout all phases of design, including concept drawings, design development, technical documentation and construction administration.
· Experience developing construction details and research architectural materials and systems.
· Ability to work effectively meet deadlines
· Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment.
· Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
Jones & Jones is a 40+ year collaboration of architects, landscape architects and planners grounded in a commitment to place, community identity and nature. The firm is internationally renowned for excellence and innovation in a range of specialties, including zoos, botanical gardens, wildlife centers, nature and visitor centers, parks and recreational facilities, natural museums and cultural centers and highway corridor planning and design.
We design in context: the context of the natural environment, communities, regions and watersheds. Our strength lies in applying the principles that come from our own regional understanding to projects throughout the world.
· A creative and collaborative working environment.
· Opportunity for advancement based on candidate’s initiative and performance
· Employer paid insurance to include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability.
· Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
· 401K retirement plan, with company match.
The key skills and qualities of a Project Architect are:
· Experienced with building code analysis, the permitting process, and construction administration.
· An accredited professional architecture degree (B. Arch. or M. Arch) with a master’s degree a plus
· 3-5+ years of professional architectural experience
· Architect license or in process of completing licensure.
· LEED certification is desirable as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design
· 3D modelling and rendering software such as SketchUp a plus
· Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software a plus
· AutoCAD required
· MS Office, including Word and Excel
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
· The ability to work on projects where a high degree of integration between the site and building is required.