Intern Interior Designer
Company Website LMN Architects
LMN Architects is currently seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Intern Interior Designer. The ideal candidate will be passionate about interior design, have a strong design sensibility and appreciate the process of articulating design through visualization and materiality.
Our culture and our approach to the delivery of projects are one and the same. We are led by ten partners who are deeply involved in the day-to-day practice; sitting within the project teams and contributing to a culture where everyone has a voice. Operating as a single studio, teams are organized around the needs of a project ensuring a rich mix of expertise and diversity of talent. LMN is small enough that we can get to know all our colleagues but large enough to have the resources to complete projects of scale.
- Support design efforts on many project types.
- Sourcing, selection and budgeting finish materials and furniture.
- Assist with drafting of design and construction documents.
- Interface with product representatives and team members.
- Assist with Materials Library Management.
- Organize materials palettes and furniture palettes.
- Assist with presentation collateral for client or consultant meetings.
- Contribute to team effort through the spirit of collaboration.
- Experience with finish materials and furniture types.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while performing on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Minimum 2 years completed in an interior design or interior architecture program.
LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers and planners passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office of 150 people located in Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential and transit facilities. In recognition of the quality of our work and professional leadership, LMN received the 2016 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice. More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com.
LMN expects all employees to support its equal employment opportunity policy and is committed to fostering a workplace where everyone can work in a productive, respectful and professional environment. LMN does not tolerate discrimination against its employees on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, political ideology, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veteran’s status, sexual orientation, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.