Company Website IBI Group
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
The Pacific Northwest Studio is a passionate team of architects and interior designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational learning environments. We are a relationship-based architectural firm focused on realizing our clients’ visions through a collaborative process. Truly sustainable and innovative design solutions are the culmination of an integrated design approach.
IBI Group’s Portland OR office is in search of an Architect or Interior Designer to join their team and support their K-12 education projects. You will need to be local to Portland OR., and able to work remotely until we return to the office.
- Develop designs from concept through design development to contract documents
- Incorporates applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects
- Functions in the role of assistant project manager with a focus on architectural design and technical aspects
- Produces design work according to established standards, methods, and quality procedures
- Coordinates the layout, design, drafting, and specifications produced by other staff members who are part of the project team
- Assists in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for phases of the project
- Supervises and performs site observations
- Manages and develops assigned team members
- May participate in marketing and business development efforts
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
You’ll need to have:
- University Degree – Bachelor/Masters in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 1-3 years’ experience in an Architectural or Interior Design firm
- Proven ability to collaborate in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- Ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Suite
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Interest in Educational Architecture, specifically K-12Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work from home model until we return to the office. When we return to the office, you must be able to commute to the office located at 907 SW Harvey Milk St., in the heart of downtown Portland.