Senior Project Manager – Higher Education Focus
Company Website Hacker Architects
Hacker is an architecture and interiors studio of 60+ united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 30+ year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid family and medical leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; and FSA. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and combating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
We are currently seeking highly qualified and experienced Senior Project Managers with recent Higher Education work to join our creative teams. Individuals should demonstrate well-rounded experience including excellent management, design, and communication skills, and technical proficiency in project process and documentation. Candidates should be a licensed architect and have minimum 12 (15+ preferred) years of relevant experience. For this role, we are seeking experience with higher education, public and civic, and institutional projects.
- Recent work and relationships with higher education clients.
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture (or similar program)
- Registered Architect in Oregon (If registered in another state, willingness to register in Oregon)
- Experience managing complex institutional projects for higher education and/or other public clients
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan complex schedules
- Ability to effectively manage multiple consultants and team members.
- Ability to manage teams within set fees
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to manage complex scopes of work with minimal oversight and to distill information into clear goals and objectives
- Experience with jurisdictional reviews and processes
- Ability to build relationships and support business development efforts of the firm
- Ability to communicate with and present information to a variety of client, team, and community audiences
- Experience leading academic programming
- Ability to apply design thinking in support of design direction
- Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / equity frameworks
- Experience using Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and planning software such as Deltek.
Visit our website at www.hackerarchitects.com
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/