Design Project Manager – Residential Construction
Company Website Green Canopy
As a Northwest based urban homebuilder, Green Canopy’s mission is to build homes, relationships, and businesses that help regenerate communities and environments. We seek to transform the residential real estate market so that good homes are affordable, wild lands are preserved, communities are inclusive, and resource efficiency is the norm. We are a values-led organization with a staff that forges ahead with purpose. Our corporate culture is built on respect, trust, and love for one another, our children and future generations, and the planet.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Green Canopy is seeking a mission-aligned Design Project Manager with a deep commitment to building sustainable and resilient communities.
The right candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 3 to 6 years minimum in an architectural work setting
- 2 years minimum experience designing and documenting single family and/or multi-family residential projects
- Preferred: Experience with designing and permitting larger multifamily projects, such as apartments, that fall under the building code
- Proficient in AutoCAD & SketchUp
- Knowledge of the local Land Use Code and the local entitlement process as it applies to single-family and multi-family residential projects
- Experience working with the Residential Code, Building Code, Energy Code, and other applicable regulations
- Preferred: Experience with Revit
- Preferred: Experience with MS Project
The Design Project Manager is a strong communicator and collaborator who can leverage their expertise and enthusiasm to further Green Canopy’s mission by managing internal and external design team members in the production of excellent documents and in obtaining entitlements. With a high level of organization, the Design Project Manager is self-directed and takes ownership over the design and detailing of their projects, producing a significant amount of the project documentation themselves with assistance from other design team members.
- Manage the design process: Manage external consultants and internal team members in the production of high-quality design documents per Company standards
- Manage entitlements: Accountable for obtaining entitlements from regulatory agencies and utilities in a timely way
- Schedule management: Create project schedules and coordinate internal and external resources to obtain entitlements and issue project documents per the project schedule
- Cost control: Accountable for coordinating project design with the project budget
- Document control: Accountable for coordinated information flow between the design team and other Company channels and between the Company and external consultants and regulatory agencies
- Company interface: Provide information to and obtain information from other Company channels, including Acquisitions, Finance, Accounting, Estimating, Construction Project Management, and Sales
- Manage consultants: Obtain proposals and contracts from design consultants, obtain work product from consultants per the project schedule and review consultant invoices
- Manage neighbor and community relationships: Attend community meetings or review community meeting notes, obtain easements and other agreements from neighbors
- Construction resource: Receive and process RFI’s and other questions during construction
- Project design: Design single-family and multi-family residential structures, including project concept, spatial relationship/layout, site design, exterior concept, and vertical alignment
- Building systems: Accountable for the design and layout of principal building systems, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Consultant coordination: Review and coordinate the work of external design consultants to ensure a cohesive design
- This is an exempt, salaried and full-time position. Upon hire, work will be performed remotely until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. This position may transition to working part or full time from our office in Seattle at the Company’s discretion. Occasional travel to project sites, local jurisdiction offices and special events may be required.
- Some travel to project sites, local jurisdiction offices and other events may be required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting annual salary between $63K-$72K
- Competitive annual PTO policy
- 100% employer-paid health coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees
- Company 401(k) plan
- Company-paid maternity & paternity leave
- Leadership development for all employees
Let’s get to know each other! We want to connect with candidates that are excited about being a part of the work we are doing at Green Canopy. Check out our website to learn more about Green Canopy, watch our video on Purposeful Growth and read about our Theory of Change. Find out if YOU want to be a part of the team.
To help us get to know you better, please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us why you would like to work with Green Canopy and the name of your favorite musical group. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Purposeful Growth Video, Mission and Values: https://www.greencanopy.com/mission-values/
Theory of Change: https://www.greencanopy.com/impact