Company Website Graham Baba Architects
Graham Baba Architects is a vibrant pacific northwest architecture firm recognized for the successful place-making of commercial, residential and arts spaces. Whether through the renovation of existing buildings or in new construction, the firm believes authenticity can, and should, be found in every building by the use of honest materials such as metal, wood, and glass celebrated in their natural state. Please visit our website to learn about GBA’s culture and values!
Graham Baba Architects is seeking a resourceful marketing specialist to join our team and spearhead our marketing efforts and proposals. Working in the sole in-office position dedicated to marketing, our Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for tracking upcoming prospects, leading proposal efforts and collaborating with firm leadership, staff, and our Marketing Strategy Consultant on a broad range of marketing and business development opportunities.
Currently, we maintain a hybrid work structure that allows employees to work from home 1-2 days a week, but we ask employees to work in the office 3-4 days a week to encourage valuable in-person collaboration.
This newly-created position is an opportunity for a motivated, creative person to build a holistic marketing approach consistent with GBA’s design-first and human-centered values. Our ideal candidate is a confident, proactive self-starter and strong project manager who possesses excellent writing and visual communication skills, superior time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a collaborative mindset. We are looking for an experienced storyteller with a passion for marketing. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, perform under tight deadlines and motivate others is key to success in this role.
Many of the activities for this position are deadline-driven, complex, and self-directed. The successful candidate will work independently, while also enjoying the support of a highly collaborative marketing and business development team, along with a group of very dedicated and creative architects. Responsibilities include:
- Build graphically beautiful and clear proposal templates that clearly convey the GBA brand and priorities.
- Lead the coordination and production of high-quality proposals and interview materials, including overseeing layouts, gathering images, technical writing, editing narratives, document management, and coordinating sub-consultant information.
- Research background materials and analyze RFQ/RFP requirements to identify compelling and compliant winning strategies and appropriate layouts.
- Lead proposal kick-offs and other review meetings, both virtually and in-office.
- Ensure timely proposal deliverables by self-management as well as overseeing other members on the proposal team, including supervising proposal process, progress, and schedule.
- Lead the coordination and development of visually compelling interview presentations.
- Collaborate larger teams to conceptualize and develop persuasive written and graphic materials for marketing collateral, including resumes, project information, and image collection.
- Monitor media sources for relevant architectural/real estate/development news and opportunities.
- Track project leads and report findings at weekly leadership meetings. Coordinate follow-ups as necessary.
- Maintain firm business development contact lists, prepare marketing emails and holiday mailings.
- Support and track GBA publications.
- Track and direct professional architectural photography efforts for completed projects.
- Minimum of (5) years experience in a marketing, public relations, or graphic design role, preferably for an architecture or similar firm in the architecture/design/graphic/engineering/construction environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a proven ability to express and present design qualifications through a concise, compelling narrative.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the proposal process, including submission requirements, graphic layout, narrative, schedules, production, delivery, and interview preparation and presentation.
- Proven experience developing graphics in response to complex solicitations.
- Confident, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and proactive, with proven ability to effectively take ownership, organize work tasks and manage multiple deadlines.
- Fast, efficient, and flexible with excellent communication skills and effective problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in both a remote and in-person team environment to meet deadlines and efficiently prioritize work while adapting to a variety of working styles.
- Must possess strong computer software skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Reside in the Seattle area or willing and able to relocate to Seattle.
Other Qualifications of Interest
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in marketing, communications, design, architecture, or a related field.
- Experience with workplan/schedule development and fee proposal estimating.
Base Salary Range: $72,000-$82,000 with a generous benefits package. Final salary decisions are determined by local market, a candidate’s skillset, years of experience, and internal equity.
Graham Baba Architects (GBA) offers employees company paid medical, vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, and a company paid Orca card. Employees may enroll in our 401(k) retirement plan with a company contribution and eligible employees receive a discretionary profit sharing contribution dependent upon Graham Baba’s profitability. Eligible employees also receive an annual discretionary performance bonus dependent upon the firm’s profitability. Employees accrue 56 hours of sick/safe/personal PTO, 80 hours of vacation PTO, and GBA observes 8 paid holidays. GBA reimburses employees for their Washington State Architectural license fees and provides support for staff seeking licensure. GBA covers 50% of AIA membership dues and pays half-time for approved volunteer activities. Graham Baba has a continuing education benefit and a core culture that supports a work life balanced. Graham Baba Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a .pdf with a cover letter, resume, and 6-10 pages of work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “marketing coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls.