Interior Designer Seattle
Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks an Interior Designer.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design, founded in 1986. GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
The best interior design solutions invoke a sense of continuity and connection to the broader context, flowing seamlessly across thresholds. Designing at the human scale requires a comprehensive, systems-thinking approach. Our team combines knowledge from multiple disciplines, with a passion for understanding complex systems of human behavior, environmental and technological evolution in the urban environment.
About the Role
An Interior Designer at GGLO works closely with the Interior Design Principal and broader team to develop the design of the interior spaces and the spaces in-between. This person collaborates with architects and landscape architects at GGLO, and other professional consultant team members to plan, design, coordinate and present ideas relating to a variety of residential, workplace, hospitality, and urban mixed-use design projects. This is a hands-on role that involves research and expression of design ideas through sketching, diagrams, digital modeling and rendering in client and Principal facing communication. Interior designers actively participate in design discourse and critiques with the interior design team, project team and larger firm during weekly design reviews. GGLO projects include large to mid-size mixed-use project types and re-positioning of existing projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform interior design tasks during all phases of the design process, across a variety of project scopes and scales.
· Generate design ideas through sketching, diagramming, and modeling to convey design thinking.
· Develop the design work using a broad range of graphic and technical computer software to express design solutions.
· Incorporate knowledge of current interior design trends into the work.
· Incorporate sustainable design strategies and healthy materials into projects, with an eye toward those that are Climate Positive.
· Prepare design presentation packages to clients and stakeholders.
· Collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams, promoting design thinking from the inside-out and the outside-in.
· Coordinate with the larger project team including interface with owner, contractor, consultants, and other team members.
· Select and present FF&E, lighting, material palettes and art concepts to clients and stakeholders.
· Work with product representatives, furniture dealers, art consultants and procurement agents to meet overall project goals.
· Coordinate and direct the work of junior team members.
· Present design work in Principal and client-facing communications.
· Outstanding ability to solve design problems in creative ways.
· Outstanding ability to express design ideas three-dimensionally and through design narrative.
· Strong graphic presentation skills to communicate design ideas.
· Ability to communicate design ideas quickly.
· Understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
· Quick learner and critical thinker with ability to thrive working on concurrent projects in various stages of development.
· Along with Revit, Enscape, Adobe Suite, MS Office and InDesign, preferred computer software proficiencies include Rhino, NewForma and Deltek Vision.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative team environment.
· Steadfast desire to engage with the interior design industry.
· Desire to keep up with technical innovations and grow professionally.
· Bonus points for LEED AP, WELL AP or similar accreditation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent.
· NCIDQ or working towards certification.
· Minimum of 8 years of professional Interior Design experience.
· Experience in mixed-use, multi-family, workplace and/or hospitality project types.
· Experience with all phases of the design process, including FF&E.
· Fluency in a broad range of graphic and technical computer software is required for this hands-on design position.
· Proficiency in Revit, Enscape, Adobe Suite, MS Office and InDesign.
· Willingness and ability to travel for project-related responsibilities.
Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research-based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. We offer the opportunity to align your long-term career goals with a variety of projects and clients while working with Principals from multiple markets. We want your energy, creativity, and thirst for transforming great ideas into built reality!
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.