Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks an Architect for our Seattle location to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. Founded in 1986, GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About the Role
The primary function of the Architect at GGLO is to facilitate and coordinate architectural services with aligned disciplines on assigned projects from project analysis through completion. Take responsibility for production and coordination associated with project(s), including providing direction to the project team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare project documents for meetings, presentations, and submittals
· Incorporate redlines in a strategic and thorough manner
· Understand and follow GGLO’s standards of project documentation
· Model and draw accurately based on scope and phase of project
· Performs work requiring independent judgment and problem solving
· Complete assigned tasks by deadline
· Promote decisiveness and standards of excellence that result in higher productivity, accountability, and quality of our performance
· Use of clear and open process for solving problems
· Awareness of the larger context and impact of design
· Ability to manage time and priorities and communicate them to the project team
· Works to advance and explore design opportunities offered by each project
· Engenders enthusiasm and creativity on each project
· Ability to effectively mentor less experienced staff
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Experience in one of GGLO’s core markets: Wood frame, multifamily, mixed-use, type I and Type II construction.
· Experience in residential design is preferred, high-rise experience a bonus
· Strive to develop the highest quality design
· Innovative solution-based thinking
· Committed to the integrated design process
· Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
· Revit production capable
· Working knowledge of multi-family housing and other building types
· Knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
· Knowledge of materials and detailing
· Understanding of accounting and billing processes
· Knowledge of code and regulations governing the industry and ability to perform research
· Knowledge of the parts and purpose of contracts, drafted documents, and specifications
· Experience with Deltek Vision preferred
· LEED accreditation preferred
· Undergraduate college degree with an emphasis in Architecture required. A graduate degree in Architecture preferred
· Architecture License
· 3 or more years cumulative experience in a professional design or Architecture office setting
· Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
· Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
· Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
· Demonstrated ability to provide baseline skills described above
· Authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.