Company Website GGLO
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Boise, seeks a Staff Accountant to support all three of our offices from our growing Seattle location.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
About the Role
As a member of our accounting team, you will work in a collaborative, professional, and fast-paced environment to provide accounting support and services across all GGLO departments and locations. On a regular basis, you will be responsible for performing a variety of functions with efficiency and accuracy, including: reconciling bank accounts and credit card statements, receive and code AP invoices for posting, update and maintain AR records, compile data for reports, and process payments, check requests, and expense reports.
In this position, you will frequently collaborate with the Accounting team, leadership, and Project Managers to create new projects within our project management system and obtain copies of applicable contract documentation and billing requirements. Throughout the lifecycle of a project, you will interact directly with Project Managers and Principals to provide status and progress updates and relevant project financial data such as invoices, accounts payable, as well as information related to change orders or contract modifications.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- General ledger reconciliations of an average of 30+ accounts
- Credit card processing
- Project Accounting, including billing and reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in project-based or professional services accounting required, A/E/C experience a plus
- Previous experience with Deltek accounting software, Vision preferred
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle multiple requests/tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other members of the Finance team, management, and senior professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work as a member of a team and independently to complete tasks.
- High level of integrity and discretion.
- Positive, professional, helpful demeanor, with a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
We offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, flexible schedules, remote work, generous time off, ORCA commuter passes, bicycle parking, office bicycles for use, casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, pet friendly atmosphere, summer concert series in our outdoor space, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.