General Services Administration
Link to USAJobs Advertisement https://www.usajobs.gov/job/705949300?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govDelivery
As a Regional Chief Architect, you will be responsible for the design management of designated major design, construction, renovation or alteration projects.
This position is located in the Northwest Arctic Region, Public Buildings Service, Architect & Engineering Service Branch, in either Portland, OR; Seattle, Spokane or Tacoma, WA.
As a Regional Chief Architect you will perform the following duties:
- Provide highly technical and professional architectural assistance to top management, regional officials, other project managers within the agency, other architects within the agency.
- In collaboration with and in support of internal and external customers, proactively translates customer requirements into professional options and solutions which address evolving customer and or GSA asset business needs.
- Serve as the manager of the Design Excellence program with the primary responsibility of meeting the program’s objective to be the advocates for quality design in the federal built environment.
- Serve as the manager of the Accessibility program with the primary responsibility of meeting the program’s objective to make all Federal Government owned and leased buildings and facilities fully accessible to all people.
- Evaluate design and construction objectives and identifies the optimal procedures for renovation, design, and construction, including in-house design and/or use of an A-E firm.
- Chairs or serves on source selection boards.
- Provide contract oversight as needed on assigned projects, depending on the scope of work involved.
- Reads and interprets drawings and construction documents for assigned projects to ensure compliance of project work with customer needs, GSA policies, codes and building standards (e.g., NEPA, P100, International Building Code).
Please visit the USAJobs advertisement for more information.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ARCHITECTS: A Degree in architecture or related field; OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience.
This position has a positive education requirement: Applicants must submit a copy of their college or university transcript(s) and certificates by the closing date of announcements to verify qualifications. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment.