Project Architect/Preservation Specialist
Company Website FFA Architecture and Interiors, Inc.
FFA is a full-service design firm providing award-winning expertise in architecture, historic preservation, planning, and interior design. Since 1956, our practice has been focused on developing architecture that is timeless, beautiful, and sustainable. FFA is proud of this tradition and its legacy of thoughtful, contextual projects throughout the Pacific Northwest.
FFA is seeking a full-time Project Architect, with experience in historic preservation, to work primarily on National Park Service and parks-related projects.
Candidates must have experience in historic structure report (HSR) writing, condition assessments, building preservation planning, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration with emphasis on public agency work. A background working in an open, collaborative, and creative team environment is essential.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and consultants and cultivate client relationships by providing consistently excellent service
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Architecture with a specialization in Historic Preservation
- Five (5) or more years of historic preservation experience
- Demonstrated historic research, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel to local and regional project sites in Oregon and Washington and to National Parks throughout the Pacific West Region
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCad
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Familiarity with repair and rehabilitation project scopes of work
- Familiarity with Cultural Landscapes
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Design team and documentation management for various scales and scopes of government agency work
- Building condition assessments, documentation, and compliance report creation
- Graphic development for Schematic Design and Design Development project phases
- Assist with Construction Drawing planning and production
- Coordination with engineering and other consultants
Following a 90-day initiation period, competitive salary and benefits program to include:
Voluntary Vision and Dental
Short term & Long-term Disability
Subsidized TriMet Passes
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Office culture includes: Educational Opportunities, Design charrettes, CEU lunch & learns, community service events, staff adventures and celebrations.
FFA is an equal opportunity employer providing a professional, creative, and collaborative teamwork environment. Our office, located in Portland’s central business district, is directly on the transit mall at Pioneer Square. We invite qualified candidates to email a resume and references to: Troy Ainsworth, Principal, <email@example.com>
To learn more about FFA and the work we do, please visit our website at www.ffadesign.com.