Digital Construction Project Engineer
Company Website Dowbuilt
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builders Jim Dow and George Schuchart in 2004, and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, FL, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with – all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The digital construction project engineer role requires a creative and technically minded individual who can leverage BIM modeling and parametric scripting for the projects we take on. Someone who is looking to use these technical skill sets within the context of construction and can work with architects, subcontractors and consultants to coordinate and clarify design intent. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has a particular interest in BIM technologies and is looking to implement and innovate ways of bringing these tools to cutting-edge and architecturally distinct residential construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft, review, analyze and coordinate BIM models for projects in early design, pre-construction and construction phases;
- Collaborate with PM’s and superintendents to build according to plan and specifications while leveraging parametric modeling skillsets and on-site coordination.
- Leverage BIM data as well as traditional project documentation to help quantify, estimate and schedule projects.
- Review, coordinate and optimize site excavation, trenching, layout, and utility scopes using Rhino and Revit modeling and on-site field collaboration with superintendents and subcontractors.
- 3D model and coordinate MEP scopes of work through Revit modeling.
- Draft, coordinate and manage 3D models and submittals for various scopes of work within construction projects including: doors, windows, metal fabrication, wood fabrication, concrete and structural framing;
- Coordinate, review and edit models through field jobsite visits under lead of Superintendent on a regular basis;
- Assist in research and development objectives through the use of BIM modeling, Python scripting and data analysis tools;
- Read and manage plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, shop drawings, submittals, lien releases, RFI logs and all other project related documents through innovative technological management tools.
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- 2+ years of Revit use in a professional setting
- 2+ years of Rhino experience in a professional setting
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
Proficiency with Adobe design software
- Knowledge, interest and experience with Grasshopper, Dynamo, and/or Python scripting languages and processing
- Knowledge of Revit MEP modeling is preferred but not required
- Power-Bl or Tableau familiarity is preferred but not required
- Faro 3D scanning, As-Built and point-cloud handling knowledge is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, team-building skills and detail follow through
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We’re looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com