Company Website live-work-play
Live-work-play architecture and interior design, located in Greenwood in North Seattle is a small full service residential architecture firm. We collaborate closely in a detailed manner with our clients and with contractors during all phases of design and construction.
We are looking for a fun, conscientious and creative person to join our team on a part-time basis. This person will work on urban residential projects with the principal that include accessory dwelling units, additions and remodels and new homes. This will be a part-time position to start and can have flexible work hours and has the opportunity for growth. It will be work from home to start and so clear communication is a must-have skill. Candidates will be ones who enjoy taking a project through to completion.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in architecture (or Barch) and minimum of five years of experience in residential architecture in a seismic zone area.
- Excellent and fluent written and spoken English communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Strong technical ability and experience in all phases of residential design and construction
- Working knowledge of local, Seattle-area building, zoning and energy codes.
- Working knowledge of Seattle-area permit processes, forms and calculations.
- Five years of experience in wood-frame construction and detailing with the ability to research, evaluate and recommend detail design solutions.
- Ability to understand architectural and structural redlines and both draft and coordinate them accurately.
- Strong ability to be pro-active, self-sufficient, multi-task and prioritize.
Desire to work on many small and medium sized projects.
- Computer skills: Complete proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of keyboard shortcuts and two-handed drawing while using AutoCAD and SketchUp.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign.
- Architecture License or Goal to achieve architectural registration.
- Knowledge of sustainable architectural design practices.
- Develop architectural projects during design development, permitting, construction document, specification phases in collaboration with principal.
- Develop permit documents and forms.
- Coordinate engineering information into architectural documents in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully and clearly with principal, engineers and other consultants and with the construction team.
- Accurately prepare 2D production drawings and 3D presentation drawings in a timely manner.
- Prepare feasibility study research.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for part-time employment with a flexible work schedule
To be considered for this position please send a cover letter and resume along with samples of your work that include sketchup drawing files that you drew and pdfs of construction documents you were responsible for to email@example.com
No phone calls please.