Company Website Prentiss + Balance + Wickline Architects
Prentiss + Balance + Wickline Architects is seeking a full-time employee to join our dynamic design team. The position will be based out of our satellite architectural studio in Friday Harbor, Washington, in the heart of the beautiful San Juan Islands. PBW has been doing work in the San Juans for decades and we are continually inspired by the diversity of landscapes to be found on each of the islands.
You should be eager to learn, flexible, and able to pick up a variety of ongoing project tasks. We need someone up to the challenge of creative problem-solving in project management as well as in design.
- Professional Degree
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in custom residential design
- Strong understanding of drafting software, SketchUp or other modeling software, and Adobe Suite
- Creative thinking tempered with strong technical knowledge
- Focus on thoughtful detailing
- Experience working in ArchiCAD
- Architectural licensure or working towards completion
The ideal candidate has three or more years of experience working in custom residential architecture in a small firm, and is looking for a full-time job in a fun, collaborative environment with the chance to use a broad array of existing skills and knowledge. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable with the residential construction process, and who is well rounded in all aspects of project delivery including design, presentation, construction documents, and construction administration.
In addition to the chance to do thoughtful, high-quality design work, our offices offer engaged colleagues, a supportive office culture and attractive, inspiring workspaces. We will give you a warm welcome (and maybe pie).
Compensation and Benefits:
- $50,000-$100,000 annual salary, DOE.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-matched SIRA (after waiting period)
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday time
- Flexible work arrangements
- Educational stipend and support
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio, including samples of your professional work, to email@example.com. Please let us know you are applying for the Friday Harbor office opening in your email.