Residential Project Architect
Exceptional process is the foundation for exceptional design. At Cushing Terrell, an open and collaborative process empowers our design teams to be innovative and creative and provides the structure for the necessary integration that fosters sustainable strategies. We aim to exceed expectations, delight our clients, be responsible to the environment, create spaces that have memorable experiential qualities, and have a great time doing it!
A Project Architect at Cushing Terrell:
- Leads project development and project teams from project inception to completion
- Directs the architectural team and integrates the engineering teams on projects of varying scale and budget
- Leads project documentation efforts with a deep knowledge of contract documents, specifications, shop-drawings and submittal review
- Ability to delegate, train, monitor progress and coordination, and conduct QA/QC
- Knowledge of construction costs, budgeting, and value engineering
- Is motivated and self-reliant, maintains collaborative working relationships and assists with the development of emerging professionals
- Knowledge and experience with technically complex projects. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to design of projects
- Create designs, 3D renderings, drawings, and architectural packages for a variety of markets
- Organize and lead meetings involving internal & external clients/partners related to architectural development
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design intent and design solutions
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Inspects work to ensure compliance with specifications, approves quality of materials and work, and advises client and construction teams
- Position may grow to include supervisory responsibilities including training, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, rewarding and disciplining team members, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Carries out these supervisor responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
A Project Architect at Cushing Terrell has:
- At least 8-12 years of experience in the architectural profession
- Experience in the Living Market with either single or multi-family experience is preferred
- An accredited professional degree in Architecture
- Architectural Licensure, LEED accredited a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent design skills
- Strong proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
Why Cushing Terrell?
Because we know that where you work matters. While the world has put a pause on what office culture is, and as our culture evolves into remote collaboration, our teams are still filled with people who take care of each other, our clients, and are committed to the Cushing Terrell culture: we work hard, we have fun, we love new ideas and new ways of doing things, and we encourage our team members to set big goals.
Professional and personal growth are equally important to us; we offer educational and advancement opportunities and are committed to the continuing education and mentorship of all our team members.
This position also offers excellent pay and a complete benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance plan with an HSA
- FSA dependent care options
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Wellness Program
Flexible Work Environments
Cushing Terrell’s Work Smart Program is a flexible work arrangement designed to acknowledge and embrace flexibility in our work environments and preferences. Team members here get to choose if they would like to work remotely, a hybrid schedule, or 100% in the office. This program enables you, as a Cushing Terrell team member, to select a work situation that suits you best, while at the same time providing uncompromised—and always exceptional—service to our clients, partners, and colleagues.
Cushing Terrell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please call 406.248.7455. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you are having difficulty applying through an external website, please visit www.cushingterrell.com/joinus/.