Multi-Family Project Captain
Company Website Cone Architecture
Cone Architecture is seeking a full-time Multi-Family Project Captain to join our growing team of 14 architects and designers in our Seattle office.
Cone was founded in Seattle in 2015 with the goal of making a collective impact on the future of housing. We specialize in impactful architecture for the urban environment with expertise in residential design at multiple scales. Our body of work includes projects in the single family, multifamily, commercial and affordable housing sectors. We pride ourselves on a collaborative practice – one in which ideas are shared freely and where concepts and design solutions are strengthened by the collective group. Cone Architecture is headquartered in a building we renovated in Wallingford, and we also have a team in Charlotte, NC.
Responsibilities of a Project Captain Include:
- Working on projects in both Seattle and Charlotte.
- Collaborating on the design phase with Project Manager and Principal .
- Development of graphics, diagrams, and renderings for client and design review presentations .
- Preparation for and participation in team, client, and consultant meetings .
- Independent creation and ownership of an architectural Revit model.
- Set up and production of plan set sheets .
- Assisting Project Manager in giving direction to junior staff.
- Participation in developing and upholding Cone processes and standards.
A strong applicant will possess:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in an architectural office.
- Multifamily permitting experience in Seattle and/or the surrounding area is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite with a basic proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup.
- Strong rendering and graphic skills.
- Understanding of how to navigate and apply jurisdictions’ land use and building codes.
- Solid self-organization and time management abilities with a strong sense of accountability for and ownership of work.
- Clear and confident communication style, creative thinking, and problem-solving initiative.
- A Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher .
We pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, as well as an annual professional development stipend and AXP/ARE support. Cone strives to create a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters learning and growth at all stages.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to learn more, please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com (No phone calls, please). We look forward to meeting you!