Project Architect / Project Manager
Company Website BuildingWork
BuildingWork is hiring for a Project Architect / Project Manager.
At BuildingWork we look to strategically grow our team with people who share our values of Respect, Teamwork, Curiosity, Engagement, Equity, and Excellence. The successful candidate has experience providing project architect level work and brings aspirations to grow with the firm, make a positive contribution to the communities we serve, and develop into a leader within the studio.
The Project Architect/Project Manager responsibilities include the ability to independently advance project design, develop technical detailing, lead the preparation of project documentation and consultant coordination, manage permitting and entitlement processes, and construction administration. Project management skills such as oversight of fee allocation, project schedule, workflow, deadlines, deliverables, and effective client communication will also lead to success in the role.
In the first three months you will:
- Develop familiarity with the firm’s design and documentation standards, software, systems, and processes
- Have one-on-one meetings with all members of the firm
- Meet with firm leaders to discuss your professional interests, skills, and goals
- Assume responsibility for advancing one to two projects on the boards
Over time you will have opportunities to:
- Train and mentor junior designers and contribute to knowledge sharing
- Lead design teams to deliver creative, sustainable, and impactful projects
- Participate in business development activities including RFQ submittals, project interviews, and developing client relationships
- Contribute leadership, ideas, and expertise that help the firm grow and evolve
Qualifications for this position include:
- Eight (8) years or more of professional architecture firm experience
- An accredited professional architecture degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
- Architect license or in process of completing licensure
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in BIM 3D design and documentation (ArchiCAD is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience leading the documentation, coordination, and delivery of a minimum of two mid-size projects through all phases of design, including CA
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work on site in Seattle WA
- A passion for adaptive reuse, historic preservation, sustainability, and community-focused design projects
In addition, candidates should have well-developed graphic, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both in teams and independently. Candidates should be self-motivated and look forward to participating in a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a culture of learning and excellence.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all team members that includes a creative and engaging studio environment, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities including:
- Four weeks (20days) of paid time off
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Firm provided health insurance plan including medical and dental coverage
- AIA membership dues paid by the firm ($900/year)
- $300 stipend for continued education and professional development
- 401k retirement savings plan with a 4.0% matching firm contribution
- You will also be eligible for a bonus based on firm profitability and individual performance
BuildingWork is a ten to twelve-person architecture firm located in Seattle Washington. We specialize in the design of civic and community buildings, in adaptive reuse and historic preservation projects, and environmentally responsive, sustainable design practices.
Our clients are public agencies, not-for-profit organizations, local businesses, and private developers. Our project types include public libraries, educational spaces, creative office work places, multi-family residential, and community, arts, and culture spaces.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Human Resources.
BuildingWork is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. Please see www.buildingwork.design for more information about our firm.