Company Website BuildingWork
BuildingWork is hiring for an Office Administrator
BuildingWork is a ten-person architecture firm with a studio on the Seattle waterfront. We specialize in the design of civic buildings, adaptive reuse, historic preservation, and environmentally responsive design. Our project types include public libraries, office work places, multi-family residential, and community, arts, and culture spaces. We are looking to grow our team with thoughtful and creative people who share our values of Respect, Teamwork, Curiosity, Engagement, Equity, and Excellence.
Candidates for the Office Administrator position should have experience with general office management and administration for small to medium sized firms in the design or engineering industries. In addition, candidates should have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal), possess strong organizational and information management skills, and have proficiency with software and digital technology.
Candidates should be self-motivated and interested to participate in a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a culture of learning, service, and excellence. The position provides opportunities for professional growth, to implement operational improvements for the firm, and to make a positive contribution to the communities we serve. The primary responsibilities for this position are outlined below.
• Front desk reception, incoming phone calls, greet clients and visitors, receive and distribute deliveries and mail, organization and upkeep of studio environment
• Purchase and maintain office supplies, coffee, beverages, and snacks
• Coordinate firm events (team lunches, celebrations, continuing education events, etc.)
• Coordinate with outside vendors such as copier, internet, and office cleaner
• Maintain office filing systems
• Coordinate with IT consultant and manage software purchases and subscriptions
• Manage firm profile on client rosters
• Maintain and update CRM database
• Maintain firm’s Employee Manual and HR files
• Assist on-boarding of new staff
• Coordinate with firm’s insurance and benefits providers
• Manage the time keeping and project management platform (BQE Core)
• Receive and track invoices from subconsultants
• Prepare and send out monthly invoices to clients (BQE Core)
• Make bank deposits, coordinate with bookkeeper, and track accounts payable.
Qualifications for the position include:
• An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree
• Three (3) years or more experience in an office administrator role
• Proficiency with digital technology and a variety of software
• Familiarity with basic accounting, invoicing, and financial data management
• Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this position that includes:
• Salary range of $70k – 78k, depending on experience
• Four weeks (20 days) of paid time off
• Ten (10) paid holidays
• A health insurance plan including medical and dental coverage
• An annual $300 stipend for continued education and professional development
• 401k retirement savings plan with a 4.0% matching firm contribution
• Discretionary bonuses based on firm profitability and individual performance
Applicants should email a letter of interest and a resume to: Chelsea Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org
BuildingWork is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. Please see www.buildingwork.design for more information about our firm.