Project Manager/Project Architect
Company Website b9 architects
Striving for excellence, collaboration, and forward-thinking design, b9 architects has established a significant body of well executed, multi-family residential work in several project types. With a range of residential and commercial projects in-process throughout the Puget Sound area, b9 architects cultivates positive change through exceptional solutions.
We are looking for a driven individual for a Project Manager/Project Architect position. Ideal candidates are inspired by site specific design opportunities and are dedicated to collaboration with peers, clients, and consultants. Preferred candidates have 4-6 years experience in the industry. Experience with large 4-8 story, multi-family project types through construction, in Seattle is a must. Candidates should also share the desire to mentor a team of professionals at all levels of their career, possess a growth mindset, and look for ways to improve their expertise.
At b9 architects, we are deeply committed to the Professional Development of every team member. With a clear vision of your professional goals, our team can help you grow quickly in the industry, consistently improve your abilities, and open new opportunities within the practice including project leadership, client interface, and participation in practice management.
The Role: Project Manager/Project Architect
● Lead a number of teams for several projects concurrently, supporting the documentation of design, coordinating consultants, communicating with clients, and supporting construction teams.
● Prioritize and delegate the design and documentation of a variety of project types, most regularly multi-family residential, and single family homes using BIM Software, ArchiCAD. Training on ArchiCAD can be provided for an easy transition from Revit or other software.
● Create Project schedules and goals with Principal and Client, and ensure each project meets specific deadlines and budgets.
● Mentor and engage with the full office to discover new opportunities to advance your own knowledge, skill and expertise, and those of each team member of b9 architects.
About b9 architects
● Technology and Employee Focused – We are primarily working remotely from our homes during the Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Initiative. All employees are provided a robust Work From Home setup, similar to the workstation found in our offices, including laptop, keyboard, and secondary display.
Our BIM software can access project files remotely via the Teamwork tool allowing us to collaborate over distance. Communication occurs in daily half-hour video staff meetings, regular check-ins, and over communication tools like Slack and Gmail.
● Advocacy Based Decision Maker – Committed to advocating for urban issues specific to housing policy in design.
● Focused on design, sustainability, community, density and affordability; all while working to keep projects within budgets.
● Engaged with the greater Seattle design community through teaching, hosted events, independent research, and legislative advocacy.
● Research based projects, like “Urban +” a study of a potential urban infill pattern, found on our website.
● Collaborative Studio-like Environment – Work closely with groups of people, from entry-level staff to the Principal/Owner, in each project you undertake. (Largely remote, work-from-home, at the time being)
● Competitive Benefits – Including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, and Vacation/Holiday Pay, with Continuing Education Stipend and Hours
● We look forward to sharing our storefront office in historic Pioneer Square with you in the future, providing access to some of the best restaurants in the city, Sounders, Mariners, Seahawks games, and local music.
Please submit by email only to email@example.com (no phone calls or drop offs) a PDF of your portfolio/work samples, cover letter and resume. (Max: 10MB)