Architectural Staff/Project Management
Company Website Mahlum Architects
We are creating the communities we want to live in, where our children thrive, where our families heal, and where all peoples endeavor together. Come join us. Stand with Us.
Mahlum is a community of practice which envisions a world where healthy human and environmental systems thrive. Our commitment to our clients in living, learning, and healing create exciting opportunities to see that vision become our future reality.
As our work grows with new and existing clients, we are excited to have opportunities to add staff to our team in both Seattle and Portland communities. Like many, we continue to work primarily remotely, staying safe and looking forward to a future day when we will return to our offices more regularly. We have new opportunities for individuals who have experience with some project management and want to expand their skills working with our leaders, or who may be experienced architectural project managers and are looking for the right challenge.
In this role, you will:
- Join our project teams supporting our clients in education and healthcare
- Be a primary point of contact for the client and outside partners
- Collaborate and provide facilitation for design teams
- Manage, or be enthusiastic to learn to manage, budgets and invoices
- Work with the project team through programming, conceptual design, and provide support through construction administration
- Participate as a member of the project management team in coordinating resources across the firm
- An experienced architect with at least five years of firm experience, balancing coexisting project priorities
- Licensed, preferably in Oregon or Washington
- Experienced with client and contractor relationships
- Adept at the art of active listening
- Skilled in time management, delegation, Revit, Adobe CS, Deltek Vision (and if you are addicted to miro, so are we!)
- Enthusiastic about the art and science of the mental, physical, and environmental design choices that lead to sustainable, transformational systems
Supporting each other is part of what makes our workplace special. As a firm, we support our staff with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. As individuals, our staff have a variety of choices how to contribute and engage in ways that are important to them. You will have opportunities to contribute to how we practice by joining one of our Knowledge Communities, get the latest tips with weekly in-house trainings, get paid time off for community service, and more. Mahlum is proud to participate as a JUST organization and is committed to a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.