ARCHITECT/DESIGNER I, MULTIFAMILY AND COMMERCIAL
Company Website Baylis Architects
For more than five decades Baylis Architects has designed exceptional spaces for businesses, families, and the public in the Pacific Northwest and Pacific states. In every project we find opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients, consultants and in-house teams. To create architecture that fits local landscapes – natural, cultural, and aesthetic.
We are an established firm with a strong reputation for design, leadership, integrity, quality, and innovation; committed to creating long-term, sustainable architecture that positively impacts the community and urban landscape. We offer our clients comprehensive architectural services. This gives Baylis team members the opportunity to experience the full range and life-cycle of projects from concept design through to construction and occupancy.
We provide our employees a positive, collaborative, creative work environment with opportunities for professional growth and leadership. We also promote a socially and environmentally conscious company culture.
This role supports the Multi-Family and Commercial team in all aspects of the architectural design process and reports directly to a project manager. Responsibilities include drafting and coordination of design documents through all phases of a project. Team members work directly with the Project Principal and Project Manager, participating in meaningful pre-design and schematic design discussions.
This is a hybrid role, with the requirement to be in the office 3-4 days/week.
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non Exempt
- Drafting and coordination of design documents from pre-design through construction documents
- Prepare documents for a wide range of residential and commercial projects of all scales
- Collaborate with team members on architectural design
- Assist with Construction Administration
- Work directly with engineering consultants, with support
- More responsibility available upon experience level
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Architecture
- Either hold or are working to attain professional architectural registration
- Accreditation with a sustainability program is a plus
- 3-5 years recent experience in multifamily and commercial projects
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketch Up
- Experience with Microsoft MS Project, Excel, Word, and Teams
- Innovative with integrity and an excellent work ethic
- Balanced approach to design: Equal parts creative and analytical; attention to detail matched with the ability to see the big picture
- Open and creative problem solver committed to curiosity, innovation and positive solutions
- Eager to learn and grow professionally while making a meaningful contribution
- Passion for architecture and interest in its social, cultural and environmental impact
- Interest in working collaboratively as an integral part of the team, as well as the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Health insurance including medical, dental, vision
- Fully subsidized commuter passes (Orca cards)
- Accrued vacation & sick days
- 401(k) enrollment and 100% vested employer contribution
- Profit sharing
- Assistance with continuing education
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Our office culture is strengthened by our weekly to yearly social gathering and office events
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire unless they qualify for an approved exemption (medical or religious).
For more information about Baylis Architects, please visit our website: www.baylisarchitects.com
If you meet the criteria listed above, please send your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architect/Design I” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.