Architect/Designer (3-12 years experience)
Company Website Studio Zerbey Architects
Studio Zerbey is a design-oriented architecture firm located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We are looking for an architect or designer with approximately 3-12 years of experience to join our team of three (plus one friendly golden retriever named Gus), working on highly-detailed modern homes and whole house remodels. Our work is primarily in the Pacific Northwest but occasionally out of state, throughout the west coast.
Ideal candidates should have all or most of the following:
- Integrity, self-motivation, dependability, efficient communication, and a good sense of humor
- An accredited professional degree in architecture
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD or other BIM platform with the ability to transition to ArchiCAD
- Working knowledge of SketchUp
- Experience with VR and rendering programs such as Lumion or Enscape would be a plus but not required
- Experience with detailing custom homes
- Strong technical ability and experience in all phases of design and construction including consultant coordination
- Experience in creating detailed permit submittals, construction drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of local building, zoning and energy codes
Although we are currently working together in our office and have implemented substantial ventilation and air-cleaning upgrades, some or all employees may be required to work from home at times. Proof of covid vaccination will be required for employment. We also offer flexible hours for those who want to work from home or work part-time.
Studio Zerbey offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, PTO, and holidays.
Please email your resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, including work samples and all relevant design software experience. We look forward to meeting you, and will respond to all applicants who are a good fit. Please no phone calls or drop-ins.