Architect/Designer – 3-10 Year Experience
Company Website UPWARD Architecture
UPWARD Architecture is seeking talented team members with 3-10 years of post-graduate experience to join our growing firm. Our work merges architecture and interior design, so candidates must be able to work on a variety of project types and scales. Job responsibilities will include design exploration, presentation and production drawings, digital modeling/rendering, technical research and detailing, consultant coordination, and construction administration.
UPWARD is a small, Seattle-based, design focused Architecture and Interiors firm currently working on numerous commercial, healthcare, retail, adaptive reuse, and custom residential projects in Washington State. For more information on our work and ethos, visit www.upwardarchitecture.com.
– A portfolio that demonstrates a thoughtful and rigorous design process
– Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, SketchUP, Photoshop, MS Office Suite, and hand drawing/sketching
– Verbal, written, and graphic skills necessary to communicate concepts and design solutions to team members, clients, consultants and contractors
– A passion for elegant detailing and material selection/specification that reinforce a project’s design intent
– Ability to work collaboratively and independently on design, presentation, and construction documentation efforts
– Ability to research and resolve technical issues
– Professional Degree
– Working knowledge of the International Building Code and local/regional (Seattle, King County, etc.) permitting processes
Our office is a fun and informal studio atmosphere in Downtown Seattle, steps away from the waterfront and ferry terminal. Please email résumé and work examples in PDF format to email@example.com; we’ll follow up with additional information or to schedule an interview should your skillset match our openings.