Company Website 3rk|architecture|design
Job Summary & Mission
At 3rk|architecture|design we create retail, commercial, and residential architectural projects for the Pacific Northwest Region that people can be proud of. We view each project as an opportunity to explore a unique context and understand the specific needs of individual clients during the process of making concepts into reality. We design to last – thoughtfully, functionally, and timelessly. Our approach is to listen carefully to establish clear goals and a common direction. We are passionate about establishing strong and lasting working relationships with our clients, consultants, and employees.
This Project Architect role contributes to the success of 3rk by partnering with the Principal Architect to take charge of and support design, its development, construction documents, and coordinate consultation with other consultants thru to project completion. This person will support and lead a variety of commercial, hospitality, and retail projects. We are seeking an agile self-starter, who is able to work independently, is a problem solver, is curious, and who collaborates well with others. For the right candidate, an equity opportunity at 3rk is a possibility.
Leadership – Sets goals for the project team and models how we work together.
•Develops and maintains influential working relationships with the 3rk team and vendors/consultants to ensure aligned priorities and smooth execution.
•Supports and promotes 3rk’s design values, and team vision to keep peers and vendors/consultants aligned on a common outcome.
Business acumen & problem solving– Understands the business and your role in contributing to our shared success.
• Develops an understanding of 3rk’s goals across its design principles/practices to best align project management practices to maximize business outcomes.
• Assesses project needs and helps set objectives, budget and schedule.
Technical – Shapes the technical aspects of the design with peers and the consultant team, leading efforts to optimize speed, project costs, and quality.
• Identifies opportunities to leverage the expertise of the team to deliver on all technical aspects of the design/project.
• Leads vendors/consultants through the technical process and integration of the design for the building.
• Assesses sites, relevant city codes, and conducts pre-design research for each project.
• Drafts, designs, and develops construction documents through consultation with the Principal Architect, consultants, and clients.
• Ensures that all projects meet local zoning and building codes.
• Ensures that standards and best practices for the execution of the project are clearly articulated resulting in minimal construction changes.
Collaboration & communication – Embodies our work culture while working collaboratively.
• Coordinates, leads & organizes consultant’s/vendors work
• Coordinates and initiates a project review debriefing at the end of the project to assess the project with the inclusion of client feedback.
Prioritization & planning – Develops project priorities and plans with project team, manages execution, and measures results.
• Works with consultants/vendors to ensure on-time delivery and on-budget production.
• A professional degree from an accredited architecture program
• Licensed architect in the State of Washington
• 5+ years experience as a Project Architect
• Demonstrated experience producing design & production drawings, technical detail, design drawing, engineering coordination, and ability to use AutoCad or Microstation Powerdraft software platforms.
• Demonstrated experience supporting multiple diverse projects.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills: you can communicate conceptual ideas, technical aspects of the design, and technical challenges both verbally and visually to a wide variety of audiences.
• Experience leading remote and dispersed vendors/consultants
• Work on a full-time basis
• 3 D Sketch-Up modeling skills
• Microstation Powerdraft
• Microsoft Office Suite
What 3rk Provides for You
• A fair and competitive wage
• 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
• 6 paid holidays
• High quality & flexible health care coverage option
• 401K match
• Flexible work schedule – in person and remote work is possible
• Work & life balance
• A small-town office setting that overlooks our main street and is only a 35- minute ferry ride from downtown Seattle and five-minute walk to the office front door.
• Local waterfront park to eat lunch or take a power stroll is a 1- minute walk from the office.
• An office environment where we all pitch in, toast the end of the week with local micro brews, and treat each other like family.
3rk is and equal opportunity employer for all qualified individuals and is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving clients throughout our communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information about 3rk, please visit us @ www.3rkarchitecture.com . You can also find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/3rk.architcture.design/, Instagram https://instagram.com/3rkarchitecture?igshid=1868xl19sk1f
For consideration please submit a cover letter (stating availability), resume, and portfolio (or link to your website) in a single pdf no more than 10 MB to email@example.com with Project Architect in the subject line.