Getting to Zero
The second season of Getting to Zero features four new sessions delving into the next targets of the 2030 challenge: 70% reduction and beyond. Join us for this enhanced four-part series of workshops, case studies, and more. These sessions will explore strategies for making the case for net zero, technical how-to, and cross-disciplinary approaches essential for planning, regulations, financing, and operations for net zero design.
Whether you’re looking for an introduction to net zero design, or you attended last year’s series and are eager to learn more, mark your calendars and register today for Season 2!
All sessions will take place 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
University of Washington – Cascade Room in Haggett Hall
AIA Credits: 16 CEHs / 16 HSWs for the entire series
Featured speakers include:
- Brad Liljequist, Technical Director, Net Zero Energy Buildings and Living Building Community Challenge, International Living Future Institute
- Mark Frankel AIA, Technical Director at New Buildings Institute
- Michael Hatten, PE, Principal at SOLARC
- Duncan Griffin, AIA, LEED AP, Principal at NBBJ
- Christie Baumel, Policy Advisor at the City of Seattle, Office of Sustainability & Environment, Green Building & Resource Conservation
- Jeff Sloan, PE, Design Manager at McKinstry
- Marc Brune, PE, LEED AP, Senior Associate at PAE Consulting Engineers
- Karina Hershberg, PE, Electrical Engineer at PAE Consulting Engineers
- Tom Marseille, Hon AIA, PE, LEED AP BD+C P, Senior Vice President at WSP
- Members from the Stone34 project team, including from McKinstry and Skanska
- Justin Stenkamp, PE, LEED AP, Associate, Mechanical Engineer at PAE Consulting Engineers
- Christopher Meek, AIA, Director at University of Washington’s Integrated Design Lab at the Bullitt Center
- Heather Burpee, Research Assistant Director and Health Design Specialist at University of Washington’s Integrated Design Lab at the Bullitt Center
- Susan Wickwire, Executive Director at Seattle 2030 District
- Duane Jonlin, AIA, Energy Code and Energy Conservation Advisor with the City of Seattle Department of Planning and Development
- Chris Angus, Director of Preconstruction Services at Sellen Construction
- Guy Dauncey, Founder and Communications Director of the BC Sustainable Energy Association
- Julia Raish, Manager at Paladino and Company
Special thanks to the sponsors of Getting to Zero Season 2:
Berger Partnership | Cochran Inc. | dark|light design | GLY Construction | Hultz Bhu | IMAGINiT Technologies | Interface Engineering | LPD Engineering | MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions | Malsam Tsang Engineering | Quantum Consulting Engineers | Travis Fitzmaurice & Associates | Walters & Wolf
GETTING TO ZERO PLANNING TASK FORCE
Andrew Lee, LEED AP BD+C
David Mead, Building Performance Specialist, Associate | PAE Engineers
Duane Jonlin AIA, Energy Code and Energy Conservation Advisor | City of Seattle’s Department of Planning and Development
Duncan Griffin AIA, LEED AP Principal | NBBJ
Michael Fiegenschuh AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Associate | Mithun
Stephanie Pitts, Marketing Communications Manager | McKinstry
Contact AIA Seattle Program Manager AV Goodsell.
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Membership Manager May Ruiz.
Contact AIA Seattle Managing Director Kimber Leblicq.