Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Founded in 1965, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson has offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, and Wilkes-Barre. The firm’s work is known for exceptional design, for its commitment to the particularity of place and user, and for an extraordinary aesthetic based on a quiet rigor, which is both intellectual and intuitive.
We are open-minded and curious, expanding our understanding of what architecture can be. We act as pollinators, bringing innovative voices to the table to explore how humane, timeless design can serve as a catalyst for transformation. Our firm’s history has been shaped by our work with visionary clients who we have guided through a design process that results in spaces that redefine how we live, work, learn, and gather.
Our culture values humility and collaboration. We ask questions and listen deeply rather than approaching design opportunities with preconceptions. Most importantly, we seek to inspire one another and push the boundaries of what is possible to preserve our natural environment, advance our craft, and help our clients achieve their goals.
Our work has received more than 750 regional, national, and international awards for design, including four AIA Committee on the Environment Top Ten Project Awards. We are the recipients of the AIA’s Architecture Firm Award, the most prestigious honor bestowed upon an architectural practice by the Institute.
Examples of Projects
- Henry Island Residence | Henry Island, Washington
- Whistler Residence | Whistler British Columbia
- Boundary Point Cabin | West Kootenay, British Columbia
- Ae'o Mixed-Use Tower | Honolulu, Hawaii
- Caymus-Suisun Winery | Suisun Valley, California
- Apple 5th Avenue | New York, New York
- Nu Skin Innovation Center | Provo, Utah
- Welcome Center | University of Puget Sound
- CoorsTek Center for Applied Science and Engineering |Colorado School of Mines
- Media and Immersive eXperience (MIX) Center | Arizona State University