AHC Call for Board Members 2021
The Architecture for Health Committee is pleased to open the call for new members to its board. The committee is seeking two replacements this year.
The Architecture for Health Committee is pleased to open the call for new members to its board. The committee is seeking two replacements this year:
- Architect member from Washington
- Affiliate member from Oregon
Architect Board Member Thane Eddington and Affiliate Board Member Anthony Morton will be completing their terms this year. We thank them for their considerable contributions and years of generous service!
AHC Board Structure and Terms
The AHC Board consists of five Architects and two Affiliate Members from Washington and Oregon.
Architect Board Member Requirements
- Practicing member of an architectural professional firm in the State of Washington
- AIA Member
- Licensure is not required (committee requirement of three licensed professionals has been met by remaining board members)
- 5-year term commitment beginning on January 1, 2022
Affiliate Member Requirement
- Practicing member in a healthcare design and construction field in the State of Oregon
- Open to engineers, contractors, interior designers, vendors, Owner’s representatives, or similar
- 2-year term commitment beginning on January 1, 2022
Architect members cycle through the leadership positions during their tenure. Affiliate members do not cycle through the leadership positions but serve in an advisory role and are actively involved in planning and organizing AHC meetings throughout their tenure.
AHC Board Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the board include establishing educational topics, planning programs, arranging for venues and speakers, moderating programs and outreach to professionals and academic communities in the Northwest region.
Programs are held three times a year, including co-sponsorship of the AIA Seattle Medical Design Forum in February. Board meetings are held virtually on a monthly basis.
If you are interested in serving on the AHC Board, please send an email expressing your interest in a position and include a brief description of your background in healthcare design to Connor Descheemaker email@example.com by noon on Friday October 8, 2021. The current board will review applications and make selections at their next scheduled meeting on October 15, 2020.
If you are selected, you must be available for our annual all day board retreat in early December. Note: we anticipate this will occur virtually.