2023 Honor Awards Live Event
LIVE EVENT November 6 at Town Hall Seattle
The Honor Awards for Washington Architecture is AIA Seattle’s annual marquee program, drawing hundreds of attendees to a lecture-style event of unique rigor and breadth. This nationally-recognized program provides an important opportunity for the design community to share and celebrate its achievements, both among practitioners and with the community at-large. The awarded projects will be announced for the first time on stage at the live event. Like last year, the Honor Awards will be livestreamed virtually, providing multiple access points and enabling us to extend these celebrations to broader audiences.
Honor Awards for Washington Architecture | Monday, November 6 @ Town Hall Seattle
- 5:30pm – Doors and Bars Open (Forum Entrance) 21+
- Come early for beer & wine, small bites, photo booth, and live set by KEXP DJ Mike Ramos in the Forum
- 7:00pm – Program Begins all ages welcome
- Livestreaming of the program begins for “Livestream Only” ticket-holders
- 9:00pm – Program Ends
Includes small bites + refreshments (come early!). All tickets must be purchase online in advance.
Submitters receive one (1) free ticket per project submission, to be distributed to whomever they choose. Promo codes will be distributed via e-mail through Submittable soon after submissions close.
- $55.00* General Admission
- $50.00* Group Rate Discount – Save 10% with purchase of 10 or more tickets before October 27!
- $20.00* Student (with valid student ID)
- $10.00* Livestream Only
*Plus taxes and Eventbrite fees
The year’s Honor Awards will be held at the newly renovated landmark historic building, Town Hall Seattle.
- Read more about Town Hall Seattle’s Location, Directions, Parking and Plan Your Visit.
- Town Hall’s renovations prioritized accessibility. For more information, visit Town Hall Accessibility. If you would like to discuss physical or cognitive accessibility needs for this program, please e-mail Senior Programs Coordinator, Andrea Aguilera.
MEET THE JURY
In addition to the jury’s own criteria, the AIA Seattle community has identified four considerations for the submission review process:
- Inspiration | How does the project manifest its stated intent–in form and function–revealing innovation in both thought and practice?
- Problem-solving | How does the project creatively address challenges inherent in its site, budget, program, materials, collaboration, and context? What are the organizing principles informing design?
- Environmental Sensitivity | How does the project exhibit serious intent to minimize negative environmental impact and enhance its relationship to the environment?
- Social Impact | How does the project enhance the community in which it is situated? How does it help promote a vibrant and equitable community?
The integration of the Common App into the submission process also raises awareness of the Framework for Design Excellence.
YOUNG VOICES SELECTION
Initiated in 2018, the Young Voices Selection (YVS) program aims to elevate and engage the voices of young designers through direct participation and representation in AIA Seattle’s Honor Awards for Washington Architecture. Three young designers, nominated by firm leaders and selected by the Honor Awards Committee, will be given the opportunity to review, deliberate, and select ONE Built project submission. This chosen project, the “Young Voices Selection,” will be recognized at the live event in November and selected by this year’s Young Voices.
Questions about the Honor Awards? Contact AIA Seattle Programs Manager, Zoe Guckenheimer.
Questions about attending the Live Event? Contact AIA Seattle Senior Programs Coordinator, Andrea Aguilera.
Sponsorship Questions? Contact AIA Seattle Executive Director, Melissa K. Neher.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2023 HONOR AWARDS SPONSORS
Interior Tech | BetterBricks | Hoffman Construction Company | Arup | CBIZ Berntson Porter | Cairncross & Hempelmann | Coughlin Porter Lundeen | Fsi Engineers | GLY | Hargis Engineers, Inc. | Inform Interiors | KPFF Consulting Engineers | Lane Powell | Magnusson Klemencic Associates | Malsam Tsang Structural Engineering | Pella Windows & Doors of Western Washington | Precision Property Measurements | Quantum Consulting Engineers | Sazan | Schultz Miller | Swenson Say Fagét | Gray | citizenM Pioneer Square | Fremont Brewing